3.16.2018

I hope something happens. I'm restless as the devil

  1. What does 'equal' mean? it's like this... 
  2. Do you believe in the phrase 'all men are created equal'? in a sense, yes
  3. What about women? yes--them, too
  4. Have all persons been specifically 'created'? if you believe that sort of thing, yep
  5. Are all persons exactly equal? not in that way, no
  6. Or do they just have equal rights (in theory)? equal rights is a moving target that sort of lived in the past
  7. Does art reflect society or does society reflect art? yes, both
  8. Are you living under a little black raincloud or a ray of sunshine? I can always find the dark cloud over the silver lining. I wish I didn't, and I don't want to, but it's there and it's in my nature to be aware of it.
  9. What do you wonder about? whether I can ever be happy. Whether I'm an inherently positive or negative force in the lives of the people I love. 
  10. What is better..being single and free, or being in love and responsible to another person? the latter. By far. No question.
  11. What vitamins do you take? a multiple, and Biotin + vitamin C, and Calcium + vitamin D
  12. In checkers..red or black? black
  13. Is The Crow a great movie? haven't seen it
  14. Do you wear all black frequently? very rarely. I tend to look like a little, curvy Johnny Cash
  15. Do you ever call yourself a poet, artist, or musician? I don't "call myself" any of that, but I might fall into a couple of those categories from time to time...
  16. Has your writing been published, your art been hung in a gallery or your band been signed? I've been published a couple of times (in vastly different circumstances). Pictures of me have been published many times, but none of my own work. Even better than those bits, though: today, I think I managed to connect a young student with a future mentor. I'm not a huge believer in mentoring in a formal sense; it hasn't done a lot for me, so I have a hard time seeing the real value. But this particular example has a very real-world application that could be truly, long-lasting terrific for all parties concerned. 
  17. Does it matter? the publishing, "hanging," or signing? No. 
  18. When insects get into your house, do you kill them or catch them and take them outside or leave them alone and let them live with you? kill! Kill! Kill!
  19. Name at least one person who's birthday is in:
    ...January
     my brother
  20. ...February Johnny Walker
  21. ...March my second mother, MJ
  22. ...April D
  23. ...May the Dancing Queen
  24. ...June my mom
  25. ...July my dad
  26. ...August Chocolate Thunder
  27. ...September my favorite male colleague
  28. ...October Dan the Pothead
  29. ...November Rickster
  30. ...December the Mumbler
  31. Do we start to die the day we are born or start to live the day we die? I think that if we're lucky, we come to realize that we're all of us dying--and so we'd better get on with the business of living while we still can
  32. Have you ever called your mom or dad a four letter word? I really hope not
  33. Do you believe America should go to war with Iraq? no
  34. Agree or disagree [with the following clichéd statements]?
    “There is too much concern in courts for the rights of criminals.”
     disagree
  35. “Abortion should be legal.” agree
  36. “The death penalty should be abolished.” disagree
  37. “Marijuana should be legalized.” agree
  38. “It is important to have laws prohibiting homosexual relationships.” disagree
  39. “The federal government should do more to control the sale of handguns.” agree (though the "hand-" ought not to be in there)
  40. “Racial discrimination is no longer a major problem in America.” disagree
  41. “Wealthy people should pay a larger share of taxes than they do now.” agree
  42. “Colleges should prohibit racist/sexist speech on campus.” agree with caveats
  43. “Same-sex couples should have the right to legal marital status.” agree
  44. “Affirmative action in college admissions should be abolished.” agree
  45. “The activities of married women are best confined to the home and family.” disagree
  46. “People should not obey laws which violate their personal values.” disagree
  47. “Federal military spending should be increased.” disagree
  48. “Realistically, an individual can do little to bring about changes in our society.” disagree
  49. Why did you agree or disagree to that last statement? because it is patently wrong, and if every individual believed it, no change would ever occur
  50. Let's say that after you die you become a spirit and you join all the other spirits. Not all of them have lived. You are talking to some who have never lived about how you HAVE lived. One of the spirits who has never lived says they think they will travel to earth in a human body soon and live. They ask you what three things on Earth should I be sure not to miss? You say...
    1. sex
    2. pizza
    3. reading
  51. What kind of ass is the sexiest (flat, round, tight, hard, meaty, juicy, small, big, stacked, packed, petite, barely there, curvy, muscular, etc.)? I'm not really into that? But I'm sure that it's got to be one of those areas where nothing is universal.
  52. Is there something beautiful and special about everyone? no
  53. If yes, was there something beautiful and special about Hitler? no. I mean, he thought that he was brilliant and skilled in many ways, but he was fundamentally flawed in ways that made up for anything that was right about him.
  54. How about Bin Laden? What was it? no. Murderous demon.
  55. Have you ever moshed? If yes, to what bands? If no, then would you ever? nope
  56. Do you like sushi? eh. I don't love it, but I can eat it if it's necessary.
  57. What mood are you in? my head hurts (stop me if you've heard it before), I'm exhausted, and something weird happened today that I can't quite put my finger on. I am...restless. 
  58. What does your mood depend on? all sorts of things, apparently. My health, the weather, my connection (or lack of same) with others, and so on.
  59. What depends on your mood? good question indeed
  60. What is faith? if I knew the answer to that, I suppose I'd either be comforted or rich as all get out
  61. What is common sense? I think if you have to ask, you won't quite get it
  62. Do you have either or both of them? more of the former than the latter these days
  63. Is perfection or imperfection more beautiful? perfection is beautiful in its way, but imperfection captures the heart
  64. Do you think that song lyrics are poems with music? absolutely
  65. Who's your favorite wrestler? the Rock
  66. Have you ever been trapped in an elevator? only intentionally
  67. What is more important, tact or honesty? each has its place, for sure, but overall I am more in favor of honesty
  68. Do you have a mentor? Who? see #16, above. Interesting that I've never written about this before and it comes up twice in the same day.
  69. If you like guys:
    ...would you rather have a 'bad' guy (motorcycles, smokes, drinks, etc) or a 'good' guy (family, domesticated, nice guy)?
     I'm in love with a bad guy who lives a mostly good life, and it's breaking my heart, slowly and long term
  70. Would you rather have a virgin or a more experienced guy? virgins are terrifying
  71. Do you feel nervous in crowds? yep, both from a practical (strategic) sense and from a theoretical, emotional one
  72. Do you like to play the lottery? gambling is both appealing and repellent to me
  73. Why did you choose to live one more day? the alternative is not to be considered
  74. What is the most beautiful myth you have ever read/heard? only that love can win in the end
  75. Have you ever been stood up? uh, yeah
  76. Finish the following sentences any way you want.
    It's always darkest before..
     you find the light switch
  77. Never underestimate the power of.. Legos in the soul of your feet
  78. Don't bite the hand that.. isn't plump enough yet
  79. A miss is as good as a.. mademoiselle
  80. If you lie down with dogs, you.. get all furry
  81. Love all, trust.. me
  82. The pen is mightier than.. the gate
  83. An idle mind is.. a fine thing to waste
  84. Where there is smoke, there's.. OMGWTFBBQ
  85. Happy is the bride who.. wins
  86. Two is company, three's.. a trio
  87. None are so blind as.. a deer
  88. You get out of something what you.. carefully remove with tweezers
  89. When the blind lead the blind.. the lemmings dance
  90. Laugh and the whole world laughs with you. Cry and.. you get a soggy shirt
[From the 5000-question meme; this is the first half of the twenty-ninth part (questions 2701-2750). The title quotation is by F. Scott Fitzgerald, from This Side of Paradise]

No comments:

Post a Comment