3.13.2018

I'm not a snob. Ask anybody. Well, anybody who matters

  1. Can stress sometimes be good? stress is often good, but the key is to keep it well enough under control that it doesn't get out of hand and take over
  2. Write something random, just whatever flows out of your head without thinking. Forget punctuation just try to type as fast as you think: I really wish that my head would stop hurting sometime this month
  3. Are you a musical snob? not terribly bad. There's some stuff that I really don't like but it's fine with me if other people do.
  4. How about a film snob? again, not all that bad. I tend to gravitate toward more obscure movies--or classics--but I'm fine with others disagreeing with me. 
  5. When you were in school did you learn to think or repeat? both
  6. Do you have everything you need to be happy? well, in a sense? sort of.
  7. If not, what is missing? nothing really "missing"--the pieces are there, but maybe not in the right proportions and there's definitely some extra stuff that ought not to be involved
  8. Would you take a very casually dropped 'maybe I should just kill myself' as a warning sign? of course! There's no such thing as something like that "casually dropped" anyway. ALWAYS. Take. It. Seriously.
  9. What did you see today that was beautiful in an ordinary way? I've been sick for the last 3.5 days. The fact that I'm upright and not coughing up goo...that's pretty damned awesome. But what really caught me today was that the sun was shining very brightly all day long. 
  10. Do you feel oppressed in some way? only by The Man
  11. Who do you think shot JFK? Lee Harvey Oswald
  12. Who do you think shot Martin Luther King? James Earl Ray
  13. Why do you think they got shot? politics, small-mindedness, "the times"
  14. Do you think that the culture you live in is completely open to all ideas and forms of expression? hardly
  15. What do you think of the character (Muppet) on Sesame Street that has AIDS, and should this kind of a theme be explored in children's television? Sesame Street has long been reflective of U.S. society. I think it's a really great thing. 
  16. Are you dyslexic? could be
  17. Can you construct a bong? doubtful. The more important question would be, why would I want to?
  18. Star Wars, Star Trek or Stargate? Trek, naturally
  19. Windows or Mac? I use one at home and the other at work
  20. Do you start conversations or wait for other people to start them? that depends. There are some people--a quite limited number, to be sure--with whom I would walk over hot coals to start a conversation. For the majority of others, I'd do the opposite.... 
  21. How many phallic symbols can you think of? 69
  22. Would you buy tickets to see the top ten American Idols sing live? ugh, God no
  23. A bird may love a fish...but where would they live? on land, duhhhhh
  24. How are you oriented sexually? East/West
  25. Do you agree with the people who say that everyone is bisexual even if they don't want to admit it? no
  26. If you are the only human on the planet of the apes do you have sex with an ape? ugh, WTF??
  27. If you are making out with someone and you reach down and find they have a fish tail instead of legs do you still fool around with them? this is getting increasingly, uncomfortably weird
  28. Does Superman wear Kryptonite condoms? I don't think it works that way
  29. Do you know exactly where you are? yup, since it's my living room
  30. Do you know the meaning of it all? I've sort of identified some meaning, in the distance. Not within my grasp, yet, but it's there. Maybe not all of it. But maybe.
  31. Do you know the distance to the sun? nope--and I don't really need to
  32. Do you know the echo that is love? sort of
  33. Do you believe you are:
    ...extraordinary?
     yes, in a way
  34. ...blessed? definitely
  35. ...cursed? unfortunately
  36. What are you doing this weekend? God knows
  37. What's a quagmire? literally, it's a stinking pit that's hard (or impossible) from which to escape
  38. Is philosophy a science or can everyone have their own philosophy? big-P Philosophy is a science--and every thinking person naturally has his own philosophy
  39. Are you a big fish in a small pond? I'm a fish in a bowl
  40. Would you like to read an entire novel written in stream of consciousness form? God, no
[From the 5000-question meme; this is the third third of the twenty-eighth part (questions 2667-2700). The title quotation is by Simon Le Bon]

No comments:

Post a Comment