1.06.2019

never draw your dirk when a blow will do it

  1. Are you filled with joy today? I'm an adult working a job that I do not love, so weekends are bittersweet. I look forward to them with great anticipation, but once they arrive they are gone in an instant. Saturday is a rush of recovery from the week, the post-Friday ugh. Sunday is the rush of getting ready for the week, the pre-Monday ugh. I cannot help but to think that for "normal" people working for and with people who don't make them insane, it is not like this.
    That's the long way of saying: no, not "joy" precisely.
  2. Has it been a rough week? worse than some, better than others. It's been a dietarily complicated couple of weeks and I'll be glad to get that back to normal, which seems to make sleep easier/better, too.
  3. If given the opportunity, would you like to star in a musical? good God no
  4. Name one person you’d take a bullet for. DG
  5. Did you trip over anything today? not yet, but thanks for planting the seed in my subconscious
  6. Last time you painted a picture? literally? It's been years. Verbally? Friday afternoon at work.
  7. Is your favorite color yellow? ugh no, never
  8. Were you born in a hospital? Do you know the name of the person that delivered you? I was, and I do. He was born in Switzerland (I did not know that until reading his obituary just now!) had has been dead for 11 years.
  9. Have you ever had a friend or relative that’s incarcerated? a guy I spent some time with for a while, ages ago, has been the guest of the state once or twice. Idiot.
  10. Do you enjoy romantic movies, even when they’re cliche? it's not my very favorite thing, but I will occasionally watch that sort of movie. Sometimes it's good for the soul to see that love can win.
  11. Would you rather watch a movie or listen to music? this is an unanswerable question. Music is for music time, and movies are for movie time. They are completely different activities, requiring totally different types of attention and participation and focus. It's like asking if I would rather eat or sleep!
  12. Ever been to Rhode Island? no, but I would love to go. I had a friend who went to college at Brown and the things he said about it made me want to visit.
  13. Can you tell the difference between a Scottish & an Irish accent? I can, though it's harder in the abstract (hearing only one of them alone) than it is in comparison, side by side. One of my favorite television commentators is Scottish, and I hear his inflections in my mind when I think of that accent.
  14. Can you read music? yep, though at a fairly basic level and not for some time now
  15. Have you been to McDonald’s in the past month? I was in the car with someone who went to a McD's drive-through a couple of months ago. I don't think I've been inside one in the last year or more.
[from here--which is one of the most difficult blogs on the entire Internet to actually read, in tiny white font on black SERIOUSLY *eye roll*; the title quotation is a Scots proverb.]

No comments:

Post a Comment