9.16.2019

I feel like Someone who’s been practicing poorly a system of rituals Banished and bled of their meaning

By now aren’t you weary of keeping your secrets?
Surely there is some other way, look at how easily
Things fall from the sky. We were shown a satellite view
Of how beautifully the shadows of the pyramids move
As the sun passes over them. If we were shown what
The sun does to your shadow, what would that do to us?
I’m weary. I feel as if I were trying to lift from a river
A span and a cross section of fast-moving water. As if
I were thinking it possible to tie a thread around a passage
Of time. I feel a little foolish and shy now. I feel like
Someone who’s been practicing poorly a system of rituals
Banished and bled of their meaning. No one if not you
Will be able to stop me. Is this what you expected would
Happen? And how are you feeling just now?

[Dara Wier {1949- } 'A Shambles', from You Good Thing]

No comments:

Post a Comment