10.08.2020

morning is wonderful. Its only drawback is that it comes at such an inconvenient time of day

 from 160 First Date Questions

1. What do you like to do in your free time?  change up my pedicure

the next pedicure color revealed!

2. Are you more of an indoors or outdoors person?  indoors

3. Who is the most fascinating person you've met?  my girl LG brings me joy—she's certainly one of them!

4. What was the last book you really got into?  uhm, I just finished The Archivist by Martha Cooley. I had started reading it about a month ago. That is the longest that it has taken for me to get through a novel in a very long time. It is well written, but profoundly slow. It is profound, for that matter. All sorts of things to think about, many layers, slowly revealed. But once it was done, I was not certain that I liked it. 

6. What amazing adventures have you been on?  there's been lots! Recently toured a national park and saw a major league ball field and ate boar.

7. What pets have you had?  cats, a dog, some fish...

8. What's your favorite alcoholic and non-alcoholic drink?  sweet tea vodka + lemonade, and iced tea

9. What are you kind of obsessed with these days?  turning some AR into investment

10. Where have you traveled?  see map from the post on October 3. I hope to add to that, soon...

11. What's your favorite international food?  Greek

12. Are you a morning person or a niteowl?  I am a night owl fairly successfully masquerading as a converted morning person

13. What's your favorite restaurant?  besides those I've mentioned recently? There's a place down-river that makes a good steak that I like pretty well. Haven't been there for a while; it's about time to go back.

15. What would be your dream job?  lots of talk about this lately. It doesn't matter so much what I do, just that I need to be working for someone that I respect and who has integrity, doing work that matters (not feeling like I'm piling and re-piling sand using nothing but a teaspoon), accomplishing something worthwhile.

Lady Sherlock

16. What would you do if you had enough money to not need a job?  read a lot, write, take loads of photographs, and volunteer my services as needed

17. Who is your favorite author?  I am looking forward to the release of the next entry in Sherry Thomas' "Lady Sherlock" series

18. What was the last show you binge-watched?  Almost Human

19. What TV series do you keep coming back to and re-watching?  Northern Exposure

20. What hobbies would you like to get into if you had the time and money?  collecting gemstones and picking stocks

21. If there was an Olympics for everyday activities, in what activity would you have a good chance to medal?  efficient shopping. Don't get me wrong,  I can spend hours in the right bookstore, but typically I'm the kind of shopper who goes in, makes a decision, and then leaves pretty quickly. This either endears or frustrates the crap out of salespeople and my companions.

23. Among your friends, what are you known for?  shoes, movies, and communication

24. What musical artist do you never get tired of?  the band James

25. What are some accomplishments that you are really proud of?  the national writing award, finishing several 5ks, and getting my credit score back up

26. What are some obscure things that you are or have been really into?  watching golf, designing and making jewelry, baking scones, microphotography of plants 

27. What are some things everyone should try at least once?  get a real hand massage

28. What fad did you never really understand?  meth

29. What's the best thing that has happened to you this month?  ask me when the month is over...

30. What would your perfect morning be like?  sleeping in (burrowed under the covers like a froofie-headed tick), waking up slowly, hot tea at my elbow and eventually a few Cheerios and maybe an almond. When equilibrium has been reached, sit up and start reading - munching on the above all the while, with the tea refilled anytime it gets cool. Very, very gradually introduce some sunlight into the situation so my extra-tender eyes can adjust (pale-colored eyes are exceedingly sensitive to sunlight, y'know). Add bacon and prehaps a raspberry pastry after a couple of hours. Then, massage - and a nap!

31. Is there any art or artist you are really into?  Jim Brandenburg. I have one of his photographs hanging in my master bedroom.

32. What are you always game for? just a few more minutes

[from here; the title quotation is by Glen Cook, from Sweet Silver Blues]

No comments:

Post a Comment