10.23.2020

you may joke that the week you went on vacation flew by far too quickly, but if you stop and think about it, that week actually seemed to last much longer

 from 160 First Date Questions

105. Who is the most bizarre person you've met?  probably Animal Brain. Just thinking about him makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. He's ... not like other people.

106. What are people surprised to learn about you?  that I am sometimes very slow on the uptake with jokes

107. Would you rather live full time in an RV or on a sailboat?  RV, though it would not be my first of all choices

sleepy rabbit
108. What would you do with the extra time if you never had to sleep?  I would still sleep. I love sleep.

109. When you were a kid, what seemed like the best thing about being a grown up?  wearing fancy, expensive clothes and changing outfits multiple times every day for all the different, exotic, fascinating activities in which one participates

110. What's the strangest way you've become friends with someone?  I've become good friends with a young man who interned in my department. On first impression, he is flashy, flamboyant, and loudasfuck. Once we got to know each other, we recognized kindred spirits: we both appreciate dramatic shoes (and fun socks), we both LOVE to eat, we have a taste for irony and melodrama, we both scorn suck-ups, and we have aspirations of "making our millions" in outlandish ways. He is the one with whom I play the hashtag game - so he can make me giggle uproariously with something like #porkrinds or #intestinalwall or #initforlife. Strange? Maybe so. #hashtag

M*A*S*H111. What's your go-to series or movie when you want to watch something but can't find anything to watch?  I have seen CSI (the original, Las Vegas series) a couple of times, and I can't ever see too much M*A*S*H.

114. What small things brighten up your day when they happen?  salad with bacon for lunch, silly texts and random pictures, good songs on the radio

115. What sports would be funniest if the athletes had to be drunk while playing?  ohmygosh, curling is a no-brainer. Figure skating would be good, too. Archery would certainly get pulled up a notch in my estimation.

116. What's the most ridiculous thing you've done because you were bored?  signed up for OKCupid

<half of the teefs
117. If you could send one letter to yourself in the past without the goal of making yourself rich (no LOTTO numbers, no stock picks, etc.), what age would you choose and what would the letter say?  at age 37, the letter would say "education matters, dumbass."

122. What's getting worse as you get older? What's getting better as you get older?  worse: my knees are less reliable than they used to be.  better: greater willingness to try new things

123. Where's the best place in your town to have a picnic?  my house

125. How often do you dance (even silly/ironic dancing)?  just about every day, while I'm making dinner or cleaning up afterward 

126. What do you never get tired of?  hearing that I matter

[from here; the title quotation is by Harlan Coben, from Don't Let Go]

No comments:

Post a Comment