4.14.2021

set out from any point. They are all alike. They all lead to a point of departure

Are you a G-Cal kind of person or do you still prefer a physical planner? 
why bother?
why plan? My schedule is at the whim of the rest of my office.

Did you have an imaginary friend as a child?  no

Do you consider yourself a trusting person?  I did.  I don't. 

Do you have a favourite sports team?  Steelers. Cubs. M Go Blue.

Do you know any good jokes?  no

If you could act in any movie, what movie would you be in?  I'd like to be a voice in something animated. I give good voice.

If you could start any business in the world, what would you start?  just a little bookstore

If you had to move to another country, where would you move?  feh, maybe Canada


Is there a dish you cook exceptionally well?  rice

Is there a habit you want to change?  eating the wrong things at the wrong time

What is one place you have always wanted to visit? 
Boston. I want to see The Garden and Fenway. Want to walk along the Charles. See all the museums and historic sites - and the public library, which looks absolutely outstanding. Take a couple of days to tour the best bookstores. Visit The Common, the Public Garden and Arboretum and Aquarium. Photograph everything, and sit in silence and breathe it all in.  

What is your favorite photograph?  'Bodieson and Riley'

What is your favourite local joint?  the Alma Hotel

Where do you spend most of your day?  in my home office

Where were you born?  in a small hospital in a small town in a big state with not too many people

[from here; the title quotation is by Antonio Porchia]

2 comments:

  1. What is your favorite photograph? Oddly a question I'm not sure I've ever asked myself. I gave it some thought and decided it was likely "Brooke and Billy at Gibbs Senior High School prom. St. Petersburg, Florida, 1986 by Mary Ellen Mark" simply for the sheer number of times I've realized that I've tried to recreate it. Interesting question. Interesting answer. Oddly if the question was top 5 or 10 photographers I'm not sure MEM would break my top 10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've contemplated your answer and realized that mine was not completely serious. I do love Bodieson & Riley, but more because the cats look like my ex-cats than because of the composition or anything else about it. In truth, in terms of my appreciation of the art of photography, I am often drawn back to look at 'Couples, Princes Street Gardens, Edinburgh (1966)', and wish I had it to hang near Best Fish Tacos and Young People Dancing.

    ReplyDelete