2.11.2022

there is no intensity of love or feeling that does not involve the risk of crippling hurt. It is a duty to take this risk, to love and feel without defense or reserve

1. What’s something you hide about your personality? 
    antisocialness
2. How do you deal with criticism? 
    not well. Feedback, fine. Criticism ... not fine.
3. What’s something sweet you’d like someone to do for you? 
    the sweetness dims in the wanting. The surprise, the unexpected nature, is what makes it for me.
4. Which fictional character would you most like to have lunch with and why? 
    Everett Chance, because he's my literary Chris Stevens. Philosophical and practical, both.
5. Who would you say is your “anti” role model? Someone who serves as a warning rather than an inspiration? 
    my sister
6. What’s the most infuriating thing your parents (or caregivers) do? 
    they are both stubborn about [not] letting others do things for them
7. Which movie character do you most identify with and why? 
    'Amy Pierson' from The Big Bad Swim. She is awkward, forthright, passionate, and impulsive.
9. What’s the oddest term of endearment you’ve ever used or that someone’s used for you? 
    the first guy I dated after I was divorced had a nickname for me that made me want to pull his hair out. It was not the worst thing ever (objectively) but was loaded with meanings that I didn't like.
10. What was something you used to enjoy, but was ruined for you? 
    the scent of lavender
12. Describe your dream library. 
    diffuse light (good for reading with less fading); quiet; comfy chairs with a head-rest and footstools; nearby tables for a drink, pen & paper, etc.; ample storage so that all books can be upright (healthier for their spines) and new additions don't require a complete reset; lots of bookmarks (I prefer old business cards); and a cat
14. Do you have any “rules” about food? 
    no
15. What’s your opinion on age differences in relationships? 
    who someone loves, and why, is not my business. As long as each party is an adult with legal capacity, I have nothing to say about it. Love and let love.
16. What’s something you want to do that you’d be embarrassed to tell other people about? 
    I can't think of anything - but why would I blog about that?!
17. Describe a time/event in your life that you’re nostalgic for. 
    a trip, a couple of years ago. It was low-key and fun, romantic, and one of the most all-together nice times I've ever had. Good weather, good food, great company, interesting sights... I loved it.
 
[from here; the title quotation is by William S. Burroughs]

No comments:

Post a Comment