6.09.2022

felt the fires of your body

I envy the cling of the shirt you wear 
that, even in daylight, can be indiscreet 
and trace your torso's outline and dare 
to wrinkle coquettishly with pagan heat. 
Imagine envying an innate thing, 
and losing my senses like a flaming wing 
of a meteor? Does a shirt have feelings or soul 
that I die to hold what it can hold? 
 
What does it care that a woman desires 
to wash it because it has felt the fires 
of your body and wants to inhale 
the warmth of the collar, even the stale 
earthly memory of wear and weave 
of a sleeve? 
What does it care that I envy the clasp 
of its pearly buttons that measure the time 
of our short lives with their upward climb, 
dressing and undressing you, unasked, 
leaning against your beating heart, 
while I who envied no other's lot 
stand silent, apart and jealous of cloth. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment