7.17.2022

the best is yet to be, The last of life, for which the first was made

1. Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest? 
    I really like eating alone
2. Would you like to be famous? In what way? 
    yes, as an "obscure" author
3. Before making a telephone call, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? Why? 
    all the time. Why, doesn't everyone??
4. What would constitute a “perfect” day for you? 
    sleep until I wake naturally, leisurely breakfast with something good to read, nap, leisurely lunch in good company, read, nap, good dinner, watch movie or sports, read, sleep
5. When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else? 
    I do not sing to others. 
    I sang in the car on the way to the Post Office earlier this week.
6. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want? 
    pretty sure I don't want to live to age 90, but I would prefer to have the mind regardless. A great body with decreased mental function sounds like Hell on earth.
7. Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die? 
    nope
8. Name three things you and your partner appear to have in common. 
    curiosity, temper, and attention problems
9. For what in your life do you feel most grateful? 
    "most" is a sticky thing. At the moment, my primary gratitude is for velvet curtains.
10. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be? 
    mine was a childhood of inconsistent affection. Not uncommon, but it's left me with a fear of disappointment, abandonment, and needing to "earn" feelings from others. That explains a lot of my awkwardness and discomfort with other people.
11. Describe your life in one paragraph. 
    I cannot describe anything in one paragraph, much less something so varied, amorphous, and confusing
12. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be? 
    right now, I would love to stop caring
13. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know? 
    "how can I best (easily, quickly, safely) make the money I need?"
14. Is there something that you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it? 
    of course - I have lots of dreams. I'd like to adopt kittens again. I'd like to become a runner. I'd like to visit Europe, extensively. I'd like to write a book. I'd like to have cosmetic surgery. I'd like to visit northern California. I'd like to open a store with the college BFF. 
    I'd like to do a lot of things. Money, time, energy, illness, injury, the cooperation of others, circumstances...lots of things get in the way.
15. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life? 
     see the title quote for today's perspective on that
 
[from here; the title quotation is by Robert Browning, from "Rabbi Ben Ezra"]

No comments:

Post a Comment