12.06.2022

there is no such thing as work-life balance. Everything worth fighting for unbalances your life

What would you want people to say about you at your retirement party?     that I worked hard and got a lot done in the brief period of time between starting my final career and retiring
What’s the most exciting part of your job?     the most exciting part of my work world right now is having survived 5.5 months with no normal income
How do you like to spend your free time?     when you're living right, all your time is free, baby!
Do you believe in soulmates?     absolutely. It's not the answer to all the problems that we create for ourselves, though. Love really is not enough to make everything work.
What’s your favorite sandwich and where did you eat it?     I like the Beno's "Don't Be a Chicken"
Have you ever broken up with a friend, and why?     yes, because it wasn't working for either of us and started to take its toll
What’s your ideal work-life balance?     no work, all life
Are avocados overrated?     yeah, pretty much. They're certainly not easy to work with, nor are they inexpensive. I was interested in the Avocado Bread recipe that I saw on B. Dylan Hollis' YouTube channel, but it doesn't sound as fantastic as it originally seemed. I like guacamole all right, though I don't seek it out.
What did teachers used to say about you on your report card—and is it still true?     when I was in grade school, we received letter grades for coursework (reading, math, and so forth) and + or - for various social attributes. I was a good student (never great), and generally a + student except for one trait, which was described as 'refrains from unnecessary talking.' The irony is painful.
What’s the one item of clothing you couldn't live without?     meh
Would you rather live without the internet, or without bathing?     I guess I could sponge bath for a while....
What is your favorite movie of all time?     such a dumb question!
If you could only bring three things with you on a deserted island, what would you pick?     Kindle, sunglasses, and moisturizing lotion
 
[from here; the title quotation is by Alain de Botton, from The Pleasures and Sorrows of Work]

No comments:

Post a Comment