7.13.2004

Flesh Revealed!

The anklet (i.e. ankle bracelet) that I got from J.Jill while shopping with T and the toe ring that just arrived from SilverMoon Jewelry via Amazon:

The most obnoxious piece of jewelry I can imagine owning! An unbelievably annoying girl (child, really) wore one of these to the bar exam the year that I took it. She wore it for, oh, about 3 minutes (jingling all the while like a demented fucking freak--who did she think she was?!) before her nearest neighbor alerted the proctor to her crime and had it (the anklet, not the freak) removed. Over the passage of time (has it really been five years since I took that goddamned test??) the sharpness of the memory has waned and been replaced with the sort of piquancy that makes one...want an anklet with bells on it. Ergo, the Sabrina Silver anklet (also via Amazon):

Finally, a reality check, showing my actual feet, next to each other, artfully displaying my rolled-up jeans and the mirror-image creases from the sandals I'd been wearing not more than 5 minutes prior:

I realize that this post does not answer the immortal question that was the substance of a recent search engine query that found this blog--"what is the meaning of wearing a thumb ring?" That will have to wait for a week or so. Perhaps in the intervening time, the questor can learn new search techniques.

[Incidentally, these photos were taken in the ultra-luxe surrounds of the staff "lounge" (read those quotation marks in the most ironical manner possible, please) at the library. Hence the lovely carpeting and sofa upholstery. They clashed with my toe polish, didn't they? For those who might be curious, it's Creative Nail Design #28, Burgundy Foil.]

No comments:

Post a Comment