3.11.2015

a quaint and ridiculous object

  • Have you ever appeared on YouTube?
    to my knowledge, I have not. God, I hope that's accurate!
  • Have you ever performed in front of a large audience?
    depends on your definition of 'large'. A couple of concerts were pretty big--and the World Series parade was epic.
  • Have you ever eaten anything prepared by a celebrity chef?
    I have not. I once dated someone who became a chef who's turned into a celebrity, though, if that counts?
  • Have you ever been on radio?
    not solo
  • Did your school make a teatowel that everyone submitted to?
    this is prehaps the most adorable question I've ever encountered in a meme! And: no.
  • What colour/style was your school tie?
    no, wait! THIS is the most adorable, quaint, ridiculous question EVER! And people think that Americans are hopeless....
  • Do you have to wear glasses?
    I don't have to, but it's really better for everyone if my vision is corrected as much as possible
  • Do you bite your nails?
    never
  • Do you prefer male or female singers voices?
    I don't think anyone's ever asked this, in this way.

    Mens'. Most, if not all, modern female singers are difficult for me to hear. The range or tone - or something? - is reactive with my hearing. I don't enjoy the vast majority of it.
  • Would you rather be the world's greatest football player or lover?
    this ought to go without saying
  • Do you get hayfever?
    I am never without it, so I suppose that I don't 'get' it anymore. Was that too nitpicky?
  • Do you have a list of things to do before you are 'x' years old?
    you mean, like a dreaded list?

    no, not really. Vague goals, I suppose, of buying a house and getting my financial ducks corralled before it's too late. Growing an orchid, reading the books on my bedside table. Getting another tattoo, visiting Spain. Kissing that one guy.
  • Do you like your age?
    given the alternatives, it's turning out admirably

[ripped from here and carved into pieces; the title quotation is by William Makepeace Thackeray, from The Virginians, and reads in its entirety:

“A gentleman sitting in spectacles before an old ledger, and writing down pitiful remembrances of his own condition, is a quaint and ridiculous object.”]

No comments:

Post a Comment