7.13.2015

glove slap, I don't take crap! glove slap, shut your big yap!

  • Can you do any accents other than your own? I try, but I'm not very skilled. Pretty much everything ends up sounding "Fronsch" or Irish after a while.
  • Do you have a strong local accent? I don't think so? But I'm sure I'll be accused of same the next time I'm down in the flat. They tend to find it "charming."
  • If evil-doers invaded your country would you rush to the battle-lines to defend the motherland, or hide in a box? that would certainly depend upon the sort of evil that the doers were doing. I would like to think I wouldn't just roll up and die cowering in a box, though.
  • What's your favourite flower? tulips, as dark as possible. I once photographed a huge pot of peach-colored tulips near a museum in Washington, D.C., in which four purple-black specimens had cropped up. They stole my little gardening heart.
  • Have you ever given blood? I have not. I've tried twice and been turned down both times, once because my weight was wrong, and the other for an obvious cold. My parents have given several dozen gallons each. This is definitely on my "get started already" list.
  • Could you ever be a medical guinea pig? I could, but I haven't yet. One of my former coworkers was big into donating plasma and that sort of thing (which I realize is not "guinea pig-ish"), and she's done a couple of medical experiments for money. I guess I'm just very leery.
  • What's your favourite radio station? I never listen to the radio. It just doesn't occur to me. I don't even have stations preset in my car.
  • Have you ever slapped someone in public? yes, I was urged and agreed to slap my former boyfriend (for reasons that made sense at the time) in front of God, the neighbors, and his mother. I did so, reluctantly--and then wished I'd done it far earlier and much harder.
  • Have you ever drawn on a sleeping or inebriated person? indeed, I once shaved off a friend's eyebrow and drew it back in with a Sharpie. It may sound very wrong, but it was utterly deserved.
  • Can you roll your R's? yes! My one talent.
  • Rebound relationships: good or bad? if you're an adult, every relationship is a rebound in some way. The only alternative is to date someone who's never been serious about anything. Scary.
  • Would you ever sign a prenuptial agreement? I would--but never forget that I'm a lawyer, I have a lawyer, and I know several dozen more. Fair is fair.
  • Is your bellybutton an innie or outie? it's sort of mid-level innie, and I'm thinking of having it pierced

[gleaned from here and sliced into dainty bits; the title quotation is from "Glove Slap"--featuring the B-52s, from The Simpsons, Season 11 Episode 5--"E-I-E-I-Doh!"]

No comments:

Post a Comment