5.06.2004

'Cause I'm a Sheep

The Thursday Threesome:

Onesome: Something old- Do you have anything that you've owned simply forever? A cherished childhood toy, an antique handed down through the family... An ancient copy of Amy's Long Night by Nancy Garber. The covers fell off when I was maybe 8 years old, about the age of the Amy in the book, who decided to stay up on the night of her 8th birthday with her dog, George.

Twosome: Something new- Buy anything new lately? Other than the rampant consumerism pre-Miami, there hasn't been much non-book buying lately. I ordered some photographic supplies from Light Impressions and bookends from Kitchen-Plus.com. Does that count?

Threesome: Something borrowed- Ever borrowed anything and never returned it? A leather-bound copy of Walt Whitman's Leaves of Grass from my high school library. I loved the book so much that I couldn't do without it.

I felt guilty at the time, and every time I saw it or read it, and every time I thought about it. As soon as I could afford it, I replaced it with a new leather-bound copy with a cash donation tucked inside. It doesn't make up for what I did.

Bonus: Something blue- See anything blue from where you are? What is it? The jacket to the CD that's playing (The Housemartins' Now That's What I Call Quite Good), parts of my shirt, the apple in which Professor Frink resides (Frink Different!), postcards, Cubs uniforms.

No comments:

Post a Comment