7.01.2004

Thursday Threesome

::Yankee Doodle Dandee::


Onesome: Yankee- Hey, this is the 4th of July weekend here in the States; do you have any plans? Fireworks? Watching the Boston Pops? Hiding under the bed with the dog?
Dinner at home on Saturday night with T and L & G. Nothing planned on Sunday, but I'm thinking of driving around looking for things to photograph--maybe a cemetery or something along that line. I'm off on Monday, the first of my unexpected paid vacation days. I'm going to try to convince T & L that we should wander downtown Naperville that day but they might have plans. It might also be a hellish day to wander because of weather and the holiday. It's my dad's birthday, too, so I should try remember to send his card tomorrow.

Twosome: Doodle- Is there any paper safe from you, or are you a doodler? If you are, when are you most likely to doodle and what do you draw?
I doodle when I'm on the phone or when I'm nervous. In the process of dealing with the @#$%ing thesis I've had occasion to go back through old class notes from college, grad school and law school. Damn, I doodled a lot in those days. I found my History of Brazil notes, the class that I took with Steve V. Among the other things that I scrawled in the margins were the names of our nine children. If he knew that he might've thought differently about me at the time. (But better, or worse?) I'm a word-doodler, though, not a thing-doodler. I can't draw to save my life.

Threesome: Dandee- Or dandy. It's one of my favorite words. How about you, do you have any favorite words that you like to use, just because you like the way they sound or just because you can?
Ah--favorite words! Let's see. A list, prehaps?

  • Fuck

  • Rather

  • Prehaps

  • Ironical

  • Bonjour

  • Parakeet

  • Mitigate

  • Reasonable

  • Armadillio

  • Piquant

  • Marmalade

  • Entice

  • Unconscionable



Mmmmm. Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment