8.02.2004

quiet Monday, observations

~ Nomar is a Cub. Is the world coming to an end?
~ I have a lunch date for "sometime in early 2006" with a man with an accent. Mysterious!
~ Long, long conversations with old friends while watching the Mississippi River go by--a part of my life that I've missed even more than I'd realized. If only I'd arrived two minutes sooner.
~ Will I have to sell my soul to find a pair of black sandals?
~ I wish I'd never heard of Nedstat or Site Meter. Too much information.
~ Got an email earlier today from the Main Pain, filling in the details about legal database training this week in preparation for the arrival of the law library. I'm not a member of the Reference department. I have no practical need for the training. Why should I go? I really, really don't want to be an attorney, but if I'm going to be one, I'm going to make a fuck of a lot more money than I'm making right now. The issue is how to get out of this situation diplomatically.
~ 3 days away wasn't nearly enough. I could've driven the River road for three whole days, or stared at the bluffs for all that time, to say nothing of soaking up the 15% slower atmosphere of town. I know that I miss it, but the experience is always the sharpest right after I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment