10.14.2004

Thursday Threesome #274

::Kitchen Gadget Store::


Onesome: Kitchen- What's your favorite room in your place? Do you migrate towards the kitchen, or prefer to cozy up in the living room?
    My place is in transition, but even so, I do have certain spots where I spent more time than others. I plunk on one end of the couch (the north end, I guess?) to read most late nights. That's also where I am while talking on the phone, usually. I sit at the middle of the dining room table when I talk with my friend, Fluffy, with whom I'm staying. Sometimes I'll hang out in the basement, although it's cold down there and it's also not my space so I'm trying to stay out of it. [long story, that] I don't really lounge around in the bedroom much, if for no other reason than because it's so jammed full of stuff that there's no room for lounging and no psychological room to get really comfortable. It reminds me too much of being in transition, I guess.

Twosome: Gadget- What's your favorite gadget type item and why?
    I love and hate my phone. (Is anyone surprised?) It rarely rings, and not only because of the battery problem (which has been fixed). I have a bunch of people in my life who, for allegedly valid reasons, make but don't take calls. Drives me nuts. Nothing I can do about that, though, short of drastic measures that I'm unwilling to make, so I'm...patient (relatively).
    I love my scone scoops.
    I have a new appointment calendar, which isn't exactly a "gadget" but it is really cool. It's a Moleskine Weekly Diary. If you're looking for something of this variety, I recommend checking them out (I got mine at Borders). They have the usual informational stuff and a bunch of extra stuff (including a ruler, which I think is amazing) and are printed on fabulous paper. The best part is the pocket in the back (for stamps and receipts, etc.) and the removable, thin-but-useful address book. And the strap to keep it all closed. Too cool.

Threesome: Store- What's your favorite store, even if you never actually buy anything there?
    For clothes, J.Jill. T made me a convert. But only for tops, 'cause their pants are not for me, and their skirts seem to be constructed for women without hips (which I, for good or not, have).
    For bags, Coach. Sorry, JCL, but I'm traditional in that department.
    For spending insane amounts of money on things that I alone will see, VS.
    Far and away, though, my favorite place to spend money is Amazon.com. Haven't indulged in while, and I won't for a while, but my wish list is 4 pages long--and I'll send it to anyone who's interested in indulging me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment