11.15.2004

Not so Foolish after all

    Today's the great Reference shift. For those who don't work in a library, or for whom "work in a library" doesn't mean periodic manual labor, I'll explain what it's going to entail. Everyone, from the director to the lowest-paid member of the staff, will be spending half of the day breaking fingernails, dragging everything from the Reference service desk [the desk at which the Reference staff member sits during business hours], moving the Reference desk, and then refilling it with all its associated effluvia.
    Everyone, that is, except me.
    'Cause I forgot, see, that today was the shift day. And I wore a skirt and heels. Can't participate in manual labor, because I'm dressed like a professional.
    Damn.

BWA-ha-ha-ha-ha...

No comments:

Post a Comment