11.06.2004

Wow

    Ain't no way to say it but to say it:
    The Head of Adult Services was fired yesterday.
    It wasn't unexpected, exactly, but I don't think it was the most planned thing ever. The library was really short-staffed--there were four others present, actually, in the entire building. Three were department heads or higher. I worked the Reference Desk in the afternoon, because there was no one else to do it. (How scary is that?!)
    No more thigh-high boots. No more orange skin, or crotch-length skirts. Or yellow hair. No more applications of hairspray at 11:00 and 2:45.
    I won't pretend that it's bittersweet. It is strange. The end of an era.
    Any other news would pale in comparison, so I won't bother.

[I tried to post about this yesterday while I sat at the Reference Desk looking particularly inept in my religious university t-shirt and Nike warmup pants. Tres professional, oui? I'd intended to do, dressed for, and done, all rather grubby behind-the-scenes work all morning. Anyway, Blogger ate my words during my attempt to publish the post. Damned Blogger.]

No comments:

Post a Comment