9.07.2005

procrastination, v. 510

Picking up the slack for the absent Cat, today's Quote of the Day:

"The most wonderful of all things in life, I believe, is the discovery of another human being with whom one's relationship has a glowing depth, beauty, and joy as the years increase. This inner progressiveness of love between two human beings is a most marvelous thing, it cannot be found by looking for it or by passionately wishing for it. It is a sort of Divine accident."
- Sir Hugh Walpoe

OK, so it's not a random quote. But it is quite nice, and a reflection of where my head is.

My present task is the entering of order records for a book order that is likely to arrive before I finish entering the records, particularly since I've started writing this post rather than working on the order. I have the cataloging program open, plus four Firefox windows, plus a notepad. It's no wonder that I need to restart a couple of times a day because my RAM is screaming, "No mas!"

I'm wearing tight (but not ridiculous) black pants, sort of like jeans but sort of like khakis with a white Irish linen blouse. I've received one comment on my attire today: "That's the sort of shirt that you're supposed to iron." Ah, but why, when I can wear it slightly rumpled and earn such subtle praise?

One of my DVD reserves arrived this morning: The Mummy Returns. Dean brought it back, handed it to me, and said, "Another Rock movie. I'm being replaced by The Scorpion King!" Hardly.

I finished a book last night and started another. I've promised myself that I need to post the final review of The Asian Mystique before I write any other reviews, though, so...it may be a while before y'all get my take on Eleven on Top.

As soon as I arrived at the office this morning, I popped in my mix called "Ridin' w/Uncle K"--seventeen of my favorite Uncle Kracker songs. After it ran through for the second time, I grabbed the CD folder and picked out the next thing that interested me. Oddly, it is the Andre Watts Chopin Recital. Never a dull moment when I'm playing DJ.

I had mozzarella cheese toast for dinner last night, but it was definitely not photo-worthy: I burned the shit out of it. It was nearly bad enough to require scraping or cutting off the bottom of each roll. Sigh. That's what I get for trying to cook and check my email at the same time.

I've spent a lovely morning disparaging the character of Sleek with his replacement's replacement. Joe's a guy (unlike his predecessor, Michael, who's a nerd). Sleek, on the other hand, was clearly a geek.

I think I had a point upon beginning this post, but it seems to be lost. You win some....

No comments:

Post a Comment