1. Name someone with the same birthday as you?
German golfer and would-be Ryder Cup captain Bernhard Langer.
2. Where was your first kiss?
Standing on the sidewalk behind the Winona Public Lib., with Earl G, c.1983.
3. Have you ever seriously vandalised someone else's property?
Nope, but I drove the getaway car. I've been uncomfortable with my part in that for nearly 20 years.
4. Have you ever hit someone of the opposite sex?
My brother, though his arms are so much longer than mine that he'd put his hand on my forehead and I'd swing at nothing.
I tried to hit Aaron--and missed.
5. Have you ever sung in front of a large number of people?
No. I can imagine little that would be more nerve-wracking.
6. What's the first thing you notice about the preferred sex?
Try as I might, I don't have a "type".
7. What really turns you on?
There's nothing sexier than...meeting his eyes unexpectedly, like across a room or in a mirror.
8. What do you order at Starbucks?
I'm not a Starbucks girl! But from a coffee shop, I'll order tea--always with caffeine, and typically lemon or something else "normal fruit". No mint, no red, nothing trendy.
9. What is your biggest mistake?
Playing fast and loose with friends I couldn't afford to lose.
10. Have you ever hurt yourself on purpose?
In a manner of speaking.
11. Say something totally random about yourself.
If I could find a job where I did nothing but make mix CDs and remember almost-useless bits of information, I'd be both happy and wealthy.
12. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?
Yes. The one whose opinion matters the most disagrees, though, so I'll not air that again so soon.
13. Do you still watch kiddy movies or tv shows?
14. Did you have braces?
Yes, for a very short time. My mouth is so small that I didn't have bands, just brackets.
15. Are you comfortable with your height?
Yup, for the first time ever.
16. What is the most romantic thing someone of the opposite sex has done for you?
III. Mark J. took me for a ride in his dad's plane, and showed me my house from above.
II. Andy K, when I drunkenly asked him if he'd ever love me enough to marry me, said very quietly, "Oh, idiot, I already do."
I. The Boy, Dean-o, got me a new toe ring for my birthday. It may not sound like much, but if you knew what that required of him....
17. When do you know it's love?
I have to agree with The Cat on this one--it's when I come to realize that it's become the essential condition, that without which I cannot....
18. Do you speak any other languages?
Badly. Spanish, enough to get by. French, less.
19. Have you ever been to a tanning salon?
All the time in college. Eeew--that smell.
20. What magazines do you read?
Sports Illustrated, Pages, Shape, Self, AHA Perspectives and AHR, the SMH newsletter and whatever the journal is called...? And I just ordered ESPN the magazine.
21. Have you ever ridden in a limo?
Wedding night. It was lame.
22. Has anyone you were really close to passed away?
3 grandparents, a cousin, a cousin's husband, a coworker.
23. Do you watch MTV?
Not even if I could.
24. What's something that really annoys you?
Cops who use their lights and sirens to drive like assholes for no purpose other than to drive like assholes. It's no wonder that people give them less respect than they used to, generally, and that there are more accidents involving emergency vehicles. Power-hungry pricks.
25. What's something you really like?
Kissing. Oooh, how scandalous--can I really say that? How about "hearing someone say something nice about me behind my back"?
26. Do you like Michael Jackson?
Nope--he's ruined for me.
27. Can you dance?
Nah, but I like it so I do it anyway.
28. What's the latest you have ever stayed up?
I've watched the sun rise a few times--in college with Steve V (mmm), and then with Christine after Steve dropped the Kyle bombshell, and later with Deb. Since then, only a couple of times. Definitely once with D. I like sleep but I'm not wedded to it.
30. Have you ever been rushed by an ambulance into the emergency room?
Yup. I'm allergic to all narcotics. I didn't know that. I had a toothache. I medicated it with whatever the dentist had given me. I fell asleep, and apparently stopped breathing. I don't remember all of it. It was the 3rd week of law school. I missed a couple of days, including International Shoe in Civil Procedure. Hell of a case to miss. At least now I know about the allergy. They didn't have to pump my stomach, which was a damned good thing.
31. Do you actually read these when other people fill them out?
Why not? I have no life.