10.30.2007

uh-oh

    My scraggly ankle bracelets have started to break off. I refer to the ones that I acquired at the water resort in July, the ones that are supposed to bring luck with love. When they break off, according to the legend (i.e. the superstition), then the person for whom I hold the highest affection is my 'true love'.
    One of the bracelets is a little pile of beads and broken cord on the table next to my bed.
    One has only 6 of 7 beads still attached, and the cord is fraying as I write.     
    The third retains all its beads, but the cord is very scraggly and could go at any time.
    Do you know what this means?
    My 'true love' could be a very young artist from Texas. The Cat knows.... I'm not sure what to think about this. It's kind of exhilarating. Scary. Stupid, of course. Silly. Fun. And it has me thinking - why not? Does anything more logical really work any better?

No comments:

Post a Comment