1.28.2008

one hundred five facts about the gerb

or 89?! Whatever.
  1. EVER BEEN GIVEN AN ENGAGEMENT RING? Yes
  2. LONGEST RELATIONSHIP? 15 years.
  3. LAST GIFT YOU RECEIVED? A book and a bar of bacon-studded chocolate (no, I’m not kidding) from the lovely Heidi.
  4. EVER DROPPED A CELL PHONE? Yup.
  5. WHEN'S THE LAST TIME YOU WORKED OUT? 2004?
  6. THING(S) YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY ON? Rent and student loans.
  7. LAST FOOD YOU ATE? Rosati’s stuffed pizza with chicken.
  8. FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT THE OPPOSITE SEX? Eyes.
  9. ONE FAVORITE SONG? Today: I Go Blind by Hootie & the Blowfish. Ask again tomorrow.
  10. WHERE DO YOU LIVE? In my apartment
  11. HIGH SCHOOL YOU ATTENDED: [hometown]
  12. CELL PHONE SERVICE PROVIDER: Nextel/Sprint/whatever
  13. FAVORITE MALL STORE: Eddie Bauer, JJill, Whitehall...or Wilsons.
  14. LONGEST JOB YOU HAD: Longest, as in, duration? The current one: almost 9 years.
  15. DO YOU OWN A PAIR OF DICE? I think so.
  16. DO YOU PRANK CALL PEOPLE? Not lately.
  17. LAST WEDDING YOU ATTENDED: Nick’s sister and her idiot husband who looks like the Unibomber and has the personality of a fig.
  18. FIRST FRIEND YOU'D CALL IF YOU WON THE LOTTERY: Mike. (He’s a financial planner...and I had a crush on him from the second we met, so it would be lovely to remind him of that while simultaneously being a colossal bitch.)
  19. Seriously, I'd call G.
  20. LAST TIME YOU SAW YOUR BEST FRIEND: Matt: Friday. Fluffy: Friday. D: late December. The Cat: mid-December.
  21. FAVORITE FAST FOOD RESTAURANT: Eh. KFC? Taco Bell? Whatever.
  22. BIGGEST LIE YOU HAVE EVER HEARD: “I will love you ‘til I die.”
  23. WHERE'S YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO EAT WITH FRIENDS? Standing up in the kitchen, holding a plate under our faces and laughing more than we’re eating.
  24. CAN YOU COOK? Yup.
  25. WHAT CAR DO YOU DRIVE? 2002 black Honda Civic LX.
  26. BEST KISSER: Judging by the QE blog: Brett. Hee hee. I would’ve said Nick.
  27. LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Friday at the movies.
  28. MOST DISLIKED FOODS: cooked carrots, celery in any form, pork tenderloin, chocolate-covered cherries.
  29. THING YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT YOURSELF: My shoulders. Or my fine-tuned wit.
  30. THING YOU DISLIKE MOST ABOUT YOURSELF: My pointy chin. Or my propensity for over-thinking.
  31. LONGEST SHIFT YOU HAVE WORKED AT A JOB? Somewhere around 14 hours, at the off-campus job during college.
  32. FAVORITE MOVIE? Trust.
  33. CAN YOU SING? No. But I do.
  34. LAST CONCERT ATTENDED? The square thing in Woodchuck-ville.
  35. LAST KISS? [details deleted]
  36. LAST MOVIE RENTED: I brought home Rushmore and The Replacements last week. Hope to see them in the next couple of days.
  37. ONE THING YOU NEVER LEAVE THE HOUSE WITHOUT: keys.
  38. FAVORITE VACATION SPOT: quiet is all that matters.
  39. LAPTOP OR DESKTOP COMPUTER? Whatever. I use a laptop at home and the clunky, loud desktop at work.
  40. FAVORITE COMEDIAN? Vintage Dennis Miller. or A. Whitney Brown (upon whom I had a monster crush during his SNL years).
  41. DO YOU SMOKE? No.
  42. SLEEP WITH OR WITHOUT CLOTHES? Sans.
  43. WHO SLEEPS WITH YOU EVERY NIGHT? Only the pillow knows for sure.
  44. DO LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIPS WORK? Yes. Always? No. But they can and do.
  45. HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU BEEN PULLED OVER BY THE POLICE? Two. No tickets yet.
  46. PANCAKES OR FRENCH TOAST? At the moment, I’m in French Toast mode. Usually pancakes, though. And The Cat’s waffles kick butt!
  47. DO YOU LIKE COFFEE? Not at all.
  48. HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR EGGS? Scrambled hard, with bacon.
  49. DO YOU BELIEVE IN ASTROLOGY? I want to. It would be lovely to believe in something.
  50. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? The chick at Rosati’s. Before that: Nick.
  51. LAST PERSON ON YOUR MISSED CALL LIST? Matt.
  52. WHAT WAS THE LAST TEXT MESSAGE YOU RECIEVED? “By the way, I just realized that Kenpachi’s lieutenant that rides around on his back has a scabbard with training wheels on it.” (1/26/08, 02:16)
  53. NUMBER OF PILLOWS? Four. I sleep on one or two and the others are piled up to block the light from the north windows.
  54. WHAT ARE YOU WEARING RIGHT NOW? White & gray Nike ankle socks, turquoise and teal flannel PJ pants, and a [Iowa] Hawkeyes long-sleeved t-shirt.
  55. PICK A LYRIC, ANY LYRIC: “I wanna be inside you.” (Vertical Horizon, Inside)
  56. WHAT KIND OF JELLY DO YOU LIKE ON YOUR PB & J?: Strawberry or raspberry. In a pinch, grape.
  57. CAN YOU PLAY POOL? Damned right--and so much better than I play darts!
  58. CAN YOU SWIM? Not so well.
  59. FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Eh. Whatever.
  60. DO YOU LIKE MAPS? Sure.
  61. TELL ME A RANDOM FACT ABOUT YOURSELF: I have four ceramic cows hanging from my living room ceiling.
  62. EVER ATTEND A THEME PARTY? Sure. Toga! Toga!
  63. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON? Fall.
  64. LAST TIME YOU LAUGHED AT SOMETHING STUPID? This afternoon. Bad joke.
  65. WHAT TIME DID YOU WAKE UP THIS MORNING? 7:30, and then for real: 9:45.
  66. BEST THING ABOUT WINTER? Snuggling under a blanket.
  67. LAST TIME A COP GAVE YOU A TICKET? Hasn’t happened yet.
  68. NAME OF YOUR FIRST PET? [redacted].
  69. DO YOU THINK PIRATES ARE COOL OR OVERRATED? Chuck is cool. The rest...eh.
  70. WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS WEEKEND? This coming? I was planning to go to the home state, but it’s supposed to snow like crazy. I’m hoping to be busy in other ways.
  71. BIRTHDATE: Same day as Jim Thome’s.
  72. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE: Happy.
  73. ARE YOU ON A LAPTOP? No. I’m on a chair. I’m using a laptop, though.
  74. ARE YOU SMILING? Nah.
  75. DO YOU MISS SOMEONE RIGHT NOW? Yes.
  76. IF YOU COULD GO ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHERE WOULD YOU GO? In the ideal world: 1824 H-B L.
  77. ARE YOU IN HIGH SCHOOL? Not. For. A. While.
  78. DO YOU HAVE A CRUSH? Definitely.
  79. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE NAME? Catharine/Jon
  80. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR BATHING SUIT? Black and white. (Who’s surprised? Come on, you can tell me.)
  81. DOES YOUR SCHOOL START IN AUGUST? No. My school is perpetual.
  82. DID YOU GO ON VACATION LAST MONTH? Yes...ish.
  83. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ON A CRUISE? No.
  84. DO YOU HAVE A SISTER? Last I knew.
  85. ARE YOU UPSTAIRS? No. How can anyone be “upstairs,” unless there is a referent? I am in my apartment, which has one floor, which happens to be the second in a two-story building. Happy now?!
  86. ARE YOU IN LOVE? Not hardly.
  87. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN THE HOSPITAL? Yes. When I was born.
  88. DO YOU WISH YOU COULD SEE ANYONE PARTICULAR RIGHT NOW? Yes.
  89. WHAT JEWELRY ARE YOU WEARING? Toe ring; two pairs of diamond earrings.
  90. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO AFTER THIS SURVEY? Sleep.
[from The Cat]

No comments:

Post a Comment