3.16.2008

the sort of person that I am, today

    I don't say this enough: I like who I am, what I do, how I behave, and even (generally) the way that I think.
    I'm glad that I'm the sort of person who collects something weird like shotglasses, and for whom friends have been known to scour gift shops and flea markets just to find the right thing for me:
shots 1shots 2shots 3shots 4
shots 5    I'm glad I'm the sort of person who doesn't wait for someone else to buy her flowers, but finds what she wants and gets them for herself, just 'cause:
four tulipsvariegated tulipswhite and purple tulips    I'm glad I'm the sort of person who can make a necklace like this (which I love), as a gift for someone I can't bear to talk to, but...just in case. It's been sitting in that baggie in that bowl for several months, and shall remain. Unless...:
Sensitive Necklace    I'm glad I'm the sort of person who cares as much about music as plants as photographs as hats I'll never wear except as a joke:
maple CD racks    I'm glad I'm the sort of person who collects books about home state politics, and World War II, and the interaction between mental illness and creative ability. I'm glad I'm the sort of person who 'gets' Mark Rothko. I'm glad I'm the sort of person who made truly god-awful pottery during secondary school and moved it a dozen times since then, because I love my duck mug, etc.:
books with duck    I'm glad I'm the sort of person who looks a little weenieish, but who's strong enough to move all of her furniture all by herself, because there really is a better way to arrange this space. The office:
office WNWoffice WSW...and the bedroom:
BR1BR2BR3BR4...and the dining room/living room:
LR NELR ESE

No comments:

Post a Comment