5.09.2010

duty, breach, causation, damages

    It seems strange to me how life sometimes masquerades itself. This weekend, for instance, appeared on the surface to be the typical sort for me. I was home most of the time, reading (a novel on Friday night and another on Saturday, plus parts of two books of poetry and the rare nonfiction title that I've plodded through) and catching up on sleep. If it seemed odd at all, it was because I was away more than usual for this sort of weekend; on Saturday, I was at the job site for an hour or so, and afterward did the last bit of shopping for which a couple of [long overdue] birthday boxes have been waiting. Still, most of the weekend--since I left work on Friday--has been record-breakingly bad, and it's likely to get much worse tomorrow.
    I won't get into the specifics here. It's pointless, given that resolution is yet to come, and also potentially dangerous, since I have no idea of key parties involved are reading (uninvited and unwelcome) what I choose to share here. I've apparently failed profoundly in proving myself worthy of respect...or the other parties involved are incapable of operating honestly.
    I've spent 48 hours thinking of pretty much nothing but this. My head is pounding, I feel like screaming (still so furious), and I can't even say it's unprecedented. In other words: my surprise was probably unwarranted. This is all very insulting and unreasonable, and could have been prevented with a few simple words.
    As angry as I am, I'm still left with one overriding thought: I hope that I never behave this way toward another person. It's a sad way to live.

1 comment:

  1. OH.MY.GOSH.! Did you just find a silver lining? :-D

    Sometimes this is the only upside: knowing that in the Big Book of How to Behave, your name isn't listed under How to Be a Passive-Aggressive Example of the Peter Principle in Action. Or Inaction. Either way works.

    Hugs. Don't bite your tongue so hard it falls off, ok? Time to strike a little Fear of the Ninja into some peeps?

    ReplyDelete