6.19.2010

negotiator, with explorer tendencies

  1. Have you ever been so lost that you were really afraid? no. I've been lost enough to be frustrated, annoyed, embarrassed, and pissed off, but never really afraid.
  2. Have you ever been to an island? um, yeah. Why does this question seem so ridiculous to me? I suppose people who didn't grow up within spittin' distance of a major river would have a harder time of it (and then there's all y'all who either live on or have traveled to international island hotspots).
  3. Are you more of a thinker or feeler? though I'm perfectly capable of thinking most of the time, I would have to say that I'm a feeler.
  4. Do you tend to see issues or situations in life as black and white or shades of gray? I see life in such gray terms that I even allow for some black and some white--oooh!
  5. If you were stuck on an island, what book would you hope to have with you? (Let's pretend the Bible is already there, so you can't say that.) don't bother stopping me if you've heard this before: The Brothers K by David James Duncan. Every time I read it, I love it even more than I did before, and I get more out of it all the time.
  6. What are you most afraid of? big dogs, heights, and being the last to know
  7. Would you rather lose all of your old memories or never be able to make new ones? losing the old ones. If I can't make new ones, how will I know it?
  8. Pretend I'm looking at a scrapbook page about you. There are three spaces for you to drop in individual pictures. What are those pictures of, and why did you select them? a baby picture, one of my feet (preferably after my next trip to the tattoo place), and one of my friends. Why? Because if you know me now, then you know that my baby pictures are still close enough to how I look now as to represent me accurately. And because as an adult, those feet (and tattoos) say more about me than any other part of me could. And because my friends are what I would want to see, if I had one picture to represent my life.
  9. If you were re-doing your wedding, what would you do differently? a different guy, I guess, sums it up nicely.
  10. Tell me one thing you know/believe about forgiveness. don't rely on it. Try not to require it.
  11. You're waiting in a doctor's office. What is your favorite way to pass that time? If I know for sure that it'll be a while (e.g. mine is the very last appointment of the day, or I have more than one appointment with a delay between) I will bring a book. Otherwise, I simply sit and wait. I know: it bothers people when I don't do anything. However,
    1. It doesn't bother me to bother people, and
    2. It doesn't bother me to do nothing. I can sit, and wait, and not be bored. My brain is awfully active at the best of times, so it can be a good thing to just let it work without distraction periodically.
  12. If there were a clone of you in a parallel universe what is one way you hope she/he would be the same as you and one way you hope she/he would be better? same: be more generous than is considered normal. Better: recognize those not-so-subtle interpersonal cues that I tend to reject when I would prefer a different outcome.
[from The Cat, who got it here]

No comments:

Post a Comment