- If you could interview anyone in the world for your blog, who would you choose and why? First reaction: Tony Bourdain, but on further reflection I realize that (a) the blog isn't the proper forum in which to discuss the topics I'd like to discuss with him, and (b) much like with Chuck the pizza guy (not that they are close to the same league, mind you), all that's likely to come out of my mouth upon meeting him are whistles and squeaks. Dolphin-language for, "You're Tony Bourdain. I love your books. You write good."--and worse.
My second thought is David James Duncan [link is down for internal maintenance as of this posting, but I have hopes that it will be back up shortly], author of The Brothers K. For completely different reasons, though, I come to the same conclusion--it wouldn't make very good blog-fodder (here).
Ah! Inspiration. The perfect person to ask some questions, and be guaranteed answers: Brian from Mad-town.
- Can you remember your last dream? What was it? Last night after work I took a quick nap, during which I dreamed that I was packing for a road trip. I was going to drive around the South with Uncle Kracker, writing an article comparing informal BBQ places for a foodie magazine while he wrote songs for his next album (and avoided his old haunts & friends during the critical first period after rehab).
There are about a dozen disparate reasons for this dream to have come about, and it was as weird as it seems. Can you imagine what it must be like to live in my brain?
Hip-hop don't stop
Drop it like it's burning' hot, damn
Here I go again...*
- Name 3 places you’d like to go on vacation. Miami, Santa Fe, Seattle
- What scares you the most? big dogs & heights
- What is your favorite book of all time? see above
- What’s the funniest movie that you’ve seen? depends on the day. What stands out at the moment is Top Secret!
- Where are your kids right now? please pray with me that there are no kids right now
- What was the last thing you ate? homemade chicken soup
- Are you usually late, early or right on time? depends on the circumstances. For example: late for work, early for appointments (e.g. at the doctor's), right on time to see friends.
- What is your favorite band or singer? Alkaline Trio can do no wrong lately
The Creative Blogger Award
Tell up to six outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one outrageous truth – or – switch it around and tell six outrageous truths and one outrageous lie.
+ + + + + + +
The Versatile Blogger
- I actively dislike someone with whom I spend a lot of time, who thinks we are good friends
- Given my ability to recollect wacko tidbits from the past, I've really got a dreadful practical memory
- The primary benefit of getting married again, should it ever happen, would be changing my name.
- I usually don't know whether my rent checks will bounce until they don't...or do
- A colleague called me at work once and at home twice, and emailed me on his day off several times over the past week. I had been sure that he was not interested in anyone my gender. Now I'm not so sure.
- My IQ is evenly divisible by 7.
- I spent more money on alcohol than food in the last week
The Versatile Blogger
Share 7 things about yourself.
- I tell more truth through the songs I put on mixes than anyone really, really understands.
- My dream vacation (beyond all the wistful beach-talk) is someplace quiet and often dark, where I can read and write during the day and sleep as long and hard as I need to. I'm fucking tired.
- I almost universally dislike the color brown.
- I'm vain about my toes and shy about my fingers.
- A year ago, give or take, I was getting ready to fly to Texas.
- I have developed a fiery temper within the last 5 years or so.
- They say you can't miss what you've never had. They lie.
[from The Cat, who got it from a blog that is now private. I didn't realize she had select clearance!
* "Hot Mess" by Uncle Kracker, from Happy Hour]