9.21.2010

I'm the player to be named later.

  1. How vain are you about how you look? on what sort of scale? I try to maintain a certain degree of cleanliness and situational appropriateness at all times, but that's due more to the distressing habit of some friends to just stop by on a whim, and not so much because I'm really feeling it.

  2. When you were little what was your favorite TV show? Bugs Bunny

  3. If someone was going to make a movie or TV show about your life, who would play you and why? Drew Barrymore is a given at this point. We are, allegedly, twins.

  4. Who is your favorite Major League Baseball team? How about your favorite player? meh. I am marginally a Cubs fan, even more marginally a Twins fan (don't tell the folks at home). I like Joe Mauer, and I've always thought that Augie Ojeda was adorable. All time, though? Gary Gaetti. I'm a sucker for an invaluable utility man.

  5. What is your favorite baseball-related movie? I love sports movies--just another way that I am, as the Village Idiot would have put it, "a guy's girl." Subject to change: Bull Durham.

  6. What is one lesson you have learned in the past year? There is something about me that is mystically, hypnotically mesmerizing to people that I could very easily fall in love with, but just not in the way that makes them fall in love with me.

  7. Tell us about one of your childhood memories. When I was 8 or 9, I was allowed to stay home alone on New Years' Eve when my parents, brother and sister all had plans. Though I was by myself fairly often, it was only for much shorter periods of time--so this was a big deal. I promptly turned it into a complete disaster. After turning on Dick Clark's Rockin' Eve (my NYE entertainment of choice) and pulling out my snack stash of Nacho Cheese Doritos and Dr. Pepper (the combination of which sounds terrifically vile at the moment), I sat on the couch to lace on my roller skates. For no good reason that I can possibly give, I decided that I should break pretty much every cardinal rule that existed in the household, the primary of which was to never, ever skate in the house. Music playing, I skated in circles for a while, swigging Dr. P and smooshing nacho cheese into the carpet with abandon. At some point, I decided that the music was entirely too quiet. I skated to the TV (yes, this was in the archaic pre-remote days) and cranked up the volume (still to a degree that would be barely audible to most 9-y-o's today), and then skated backward to the couch for more snacking. I lowered myself onto the couch...and missed. My skates flew out from under me and my tailbone bounced off the wooden edge of the couch, below and in front of the cushion, bearing the entirety of my body weight. Thank God I was abnormally small or I'd have probably jammed the thing straight up and out my mouth. As it was, I immediately flopped onto my stomach, in complete agony. I've never removed anything from my feet so fast as I did those skates. When I could finally breathe (I'd knocked the wind from myself), I slowly and carefully put the skates away, cleaned up the Dorito mess, turned the TV down and off, brushed my teeth and went to bed...at around 8:00 PM. I couldn't sit, lie down, or stand comfortably for months after that. Talk about learning a lesson the hard way: that's why I wasn't supposed to roller skate in the house!

  8. How do you handle sticky situations? Do you have a method? If so, what is it? depends on the situation. I am less diplomatic with every passing moment, though I can pretend to be a grownup when I really have to be. In general, I probably just try to fade into the woodwork. Safest for all, that way.

  9. Do you think people talk about you behind your back? I'm sure that they do. Life's too short to get too bent about it, though.

[from The Cat, who got it here]

No comments:

Post a Comment