10.16.2010

come on into the water!

  1. Someone knocks on your door. You have not seen this person in years. You were once great friends. Who would you like it to be and why?
    my old boss, Andy. He's one of the few people in the world who are completely comfortable with my silence, and he's also hilarious and smart and very, very dear. I miss him like crazy.

  2. What do you think would be a great song title that isn't one? Who do you want to record it?
    that will remain a secret until the release, won't it?

  3. You are having a party. If I'm invited, what should I bring?
    booze. I've got a ton of beer (surprised the fridge hasn't fallen through the floor yet), some Maker's Mark and maybe a dribble of vodka. The rest of us are out of luck.

  4. If your spouse or s/o cheated with a one night stand while away, would you really want to know?
    oh yeah. Definitely.

  5. How long does it take for a house guest to drive you bonkers?
    depends on the house guest. I do try to accept what comes...but this is a really small apartment in which to host both a house guest and an acceptance attempt, at once.

  6. If you could pick a new color for the sky, what would you pick?
    the current standard works for me. Anything beyond that would just seem too Midwest-stormy

  7. What did you think of the Olympics?
    meh. I don't get too worked up about them. Apolo Ohno is hot, though.

  8. Could TT have thought of a lamer blogger that me to guest host?
    I know some people, if that's a goal.

  9. What's the stupidest lie that someone really thought you'd believe?
    "it's not you. It's me."

  10. What was the best day you had in high school? Tell us about it.
    high school is a blur of nonstop happiness and good times. To pick one day would be so unfair to the rest of the amazing days!

    Seriously: when I was dating the guy who became known as "little Brian" (something he would think was just
    darling if he knew about it, I'm sure), there were a few times that we went to his house after school. His mom was always there, so it's not that sort of thing. We just spent time in his room, listened to music, talked about school and our mutual friends (of whom there were relatively few, since we were not in the same grade), kissed a little, and generally soaked up the atmosphere of spending time with someone who felt exactly the same way about you, that you did about them. It didn't last long, it wasn't perfect, neither of us was without ulterior motives--but those afternoons were very lovely.

  11. Name something that you have in your home that you are sure most people don't.
    I have two sharks hanging on the wall above my living room windows.

  12. Why haven't you at least tried to play The Dating Profile Meme?
    it doesn't seem terribly amusing

  13. Do you think homophobia is a choice?
    I so do.

[from The Cat, who got it here; title quotation from Jaws]

No comments:

Post a Comment