11.18.2010

a man without tattoos is invisible to the Gods

  1. Lots of pillows or just one? Describe your pre-sleeping rituals.
    I have four pillows on my bed, two each of two types. Never know what sort of mood I'll be in, how I'll feel, how much I'll want to be propped up or surrounded. Two are standard-sized and two are king-sized, so I need to buy an extra set of king cases with each set of sheets that I get, but that's a small price to pay for pillow luxury.

    My pre-sleeping rituals aren't too complicated, I don't think? Alarms set (as needed). Contacts out, teeth brushed. Drugs taken (a prescription for migraine prevention that has varied over time but for the past several years has settled on a secondary indication for an anti-seizure medication, which I suppose is a good thing to have covered as well--and also a 12-hour dose of allergy medicine for my year-round allergies). Lips slathered with lip goo. Hands, feet & tattoos slathered with lotion. G'night!

  2. What kind of books do you read?
    The paper kind.

    I like literary fiction, and history--though surprisingly little about the second World War captures my interest, and memoirs (usually of pretty damned defective people, but not the sort of prepackaged crap memoirs that are written after someone did something worth writing a memoir over, like that Julie & Julia thing, {cringe}). I read a lot of poetry, sometimes just for work and sometimes completely for myself. (There is a distinct difference in the types there.) It's funny, but the remainder of what I read could probably best be described as "302-349". At least 3 people who read this regularly should know exactly what that means, if not why I'd read it!

  3. What are your neighbors like?
    The apartment across the hall is vacant. The woman with whom I share a wall is a 50-something Tejana with a taste for unbelievably terrible music at ear-bleeding levels, Spanish soap operas, long late baths (yeah, I can hear WAY too much through that wall), and slamming her doors. The rest of the building's inhabitants are a varying mishmash of the usual suspects: a couple of blonds who drink a lot (and run into doors and walls when they do), their frat-boys-with-buzz-cuts boyfriends, the woman who's several years younger than me with the late teenaged son (that's gotta hurt), and the older lady who's been here since the apartments were built, long-suffering and slightly nuts.

  4. What's really creepy to you?
    Black socks with sweatpants.

  5. What's your current fandom/obsession/addiction?
    A couple of weeks ago I saw the movie The Big Bad Swim. It was really, really good, and I've been proselytizing it ever since. Outstanding performances by several of the cast--and one character who reminded me of me.



  6. Do you prefer your junk food sweet, salty or savory?
    salty

  7. What was the last thing you expensive bought?
    Best question ever!

    Girl shoes.

  8. What is your greatest fear?
    Being the last to know.

  9. Do you get cravings? If so, what do you crave?
    Only kisses.

  10. What do you do to change your mood?
    I don't. I try to accept it.

  11. What was the last meal you ate that you loved?
    Last Saturday night at PJs I had some transcendent fuckin' quesadillas. It may have been the company. After dinner we tried for a ridiculously long time to flip a coaster off the top of our (glass) glasses onto the top of another glass. You'd swear we were 19 years old. It was awesome.

  12. Do you want to learn another language? If so, why?
    meh. Maybe if I could understand what men really mean....

  13. What's something that you'd like to say to someone right now?
    Mumbler: "If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always gotten."

  14. What are you looking forward to?
    • A massage and a long conversation.
    • A "bar crawl" and mental detox.
    • Trying to psych myself out of expectations.
    • New hair--I'm thinkin maybe something wild.
    • Thanksgiving at the Cat-Beast's!
    • My yearly dose of the enigmatic nephew.
    • December (a.k.a. no more November).

[from The Cat, of course, who got it here; title quotation is an Iban proverb]

2 comments:

  1. GIRL SHOES!

    Way to stretch!! :-)


    honestly? WV=tricat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you'd like the concept of girl shoes, if not that iteration.

    Wish I could take credit for the WVs.... :D

    ReplyDelete