1.19.2011

meeting you was my destiny

  1. What inspires you to blog?
    everything. nothing. God knows. Sometimes it's just discipline, trying to do it daily so that I'm getting something out and staying connected to the world in at least one way. Sometimes it's hard to stop. Most of the time it's someplace in between, like most of life.

  2. What’s the best thing about blogging, for you?
    oh, the money, for sure

  3. What is your favourite book of all time?
    The Brothers K, by David James Duncan

  4. It’s 9pm and for some reason you’ve been hungry all day, despite the three square meals. What do you rustle up?
    cereal, no doubt. Lately, my munchies cereals have been Special K with Red Berries (I'd love to know the marketing rationale behind that name) or [generic] Super Golden Crisp.

  5. Who are three of your style icons?
    Henry Fool, Léon, and Catherine Willows

  6. What’s your current favourite song/piece of music?
    "Take Me Back in Time" by Idlewild (from Post Electric Blues)

  7. What is the last book you read?
    I'm in the Ds of The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan - it's pretty good so far - but the last book that knocked me on my ass was The Girl She Used to Be by David Cristofano. I'm thinking about reading it again this weekend. I don't think I've ever done that (read a book almost immediately after I've finished it). It was that good.

  8. What is your current favourite recipe?
    beef soup. The best part is that it changes every time, so I never really know what I'm going to get.

  9. Who or what first inspired you to set up your own blog?
    the who doesn't matter as much as the what: a disconcerting combination of a compulsion to confess and a desire to create something relatively permanent

  10. What object could you not live without?
    "can't live without" is more than I'm willing to give to a thing - but I do appreciate my iPod, as much for its photo storage capabilities as for the music-player-ness

  11. Where do you see yourself in ten years?
    *sigh*

  12. Who or what made you into the person you are today?
    I did.

  13. What have you learned from blogging?
    that nothing is sacred; that my friends are my friends not because they needed to be bought or convinced but because they are who they are; that it's very hard to produce quality content on a regular basis without help; and that knock-you-on-your-ass love isn't something to take lightly

  14. Knowing what you know now, what knowledge would you pass on to your past self?
    apart from that last bit? Apart from a couple of very obvious potholes that I might've avoided if I'd had advance warning (maybe law school, maybe Brian-from-Madison...), I'm not sure I'd change much.

  15. Sunday roasts - lunchtime or evening meal?
    whatever. I could eat roast beast anytime, extraordinarily happily. I LOVE roast!

  16. What has been your best blogging-related experience so far?
    loving someone that I met here. I'll never know anything better.

[you know where I got it - and before that, it was here; title quotation is from "Could It Be" by The Spinners]

No comments:

Post a Comment