1.18.2011

i wish i could offer an appeal

Just sitting here sort of smiling and shaking my head a little, thinking about how I'd have laughed if you'd told me a year ago - or even a couple of months ago - that I'd be talking on the phone once every couple of weeks, maybe more, with the Mumbler. I think I've called him one time. He's quite a character. I've never had a friend like him. I wonder what he would think if he found out that, when his call comes through, my phone flashes a photo of a large chocolate rabbit being enucleated?

It's migraine time. From yesterday afternoon through, well, the present. I feel like I'm being punished for something terribly evil that I can't recall.

Yesterday kind of sucked. I was supposed to have the day off, and was supposed to get to spend it with The Cat, playing at being ladies of leisure. Instead, we got our by now stereotypical winter storm event (seriously, wtf?!), she was stranded in the hinterlands (ha! my location is much closer to hinter than is hers), I was stuck in a freshly cleaned and suddenly terribly boring apartment...so I went to work. I put in a half-day so that I can take another half day off tomorrow or Thursday. I'll grab a book and get comfy with my number at the Secretary of State's office, waiting to transfer my title and plates for the car. Anyway, I'm not at all surprised that I didn't have any fun and ended up feeling like crap, considering how much I was looking forward to seeing & talking with my friend. Disappointment sucks.

And now, the song that's rolling through my head on endless repeat. (The title quotation is from this, too.) "Belong" by Cary Brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment