1.24.2011

'what I'm trying to suggest, maybe not successfully..."

  1. What's the nicest thing a complete stranger ever did for you?
    this may sound facetious, but it's not - he gave me oxygen, a tranquilizer, and a bag of saline when I OD'd and was taken to the hospital by ambulance. Yes, it was his job, but that doesn't make it any less meaningful.

  2. What one thing always speaks deeply to you, to your spirit, no matter your mood or what else is going on in your life?
    the Mississippi river

  3. How many jobs have you held in your life? How many of those were part of your chosen career field?
    eleven. Depending what you consider my "chosen career field," either one, or a different one, or a different one. Huh!

  4. Of those jobs, how many did you leave voluntarily?
    depends what you consider "voluntarily."
      I left...
    1. the first when I graduated (or slightly thereafter)
    2. the second through a combination of being forced out and quitting
    3. the third and fourth when I got married and moved to Michigan
    4. the fifth when I returned to grad school full-time
    5. the sixth when I was through with my grad school coursework (it was a grad assistantship)
    6. the seventh when I moved to the current state (it was in conjunction with my former spouse's dissertation project--which was a very small portion of a VERY large, ongoing project at the university from which he earned his degree)
    7. the eighth when I found a tuition-waiver-added grad assistantship at school
    8. the ninth and tenth when the terms ended (it was that grad assistantship, above - one year in the Physical Therapy department and one year in the law school)
    9. the eleventh is my current job.

  5. How did you discover Saturday 9? How long have you played? (Thank you for joining in!)
    ze Feline, of course, led me to it. I play when the questions inspire me, so my participation is irregular and almost never occurs on a Saturday. I'm not one for playing by the rules, in any case. You're welcome.

  6. What's the worst beverage you've ever tasted?
    gin & tonic

  7. Is there anything in life you are "certain" about? Firm in your beliefs? Strong in your convictions?
    as a much-admired Political Science prof once said, "It certainly is no certainty...." What I know best is that I don't know. [The title quotation is by him, too.]

  8. How did you come up with the title of your blog's posts?
    lately, they are titled with a quotation either from a song, movie, or book that is mentioned in the post or that's been triggered in my thoughts by something I've written. I almost never capitalize the first word of the title, so I also avoid the letter "I" to start the quotations. (Yeah, I'm weird. Get over it.) If the post is a poem or a quotation itself, then the title is the portion of it that speaks most clearly to me at the time. Put simply: the title always has a deeper meaning.

  9. Would you consider yourself a good cook?
    yup. I don't ever want to do it as a job again, but it is something that I like to do and miss when I haven't taken the time in too long. heh - the same could be said of lots of things, I suppose.

[from The Cat, who got it here]

No comments:

Post a Comment