- Has anyone ever got angry with you for flirting with their partner or date?
yep, I had a (full) drink poured over my head at Banger's Pub by a girl who could do little more than slur, "biiitchhh!" and attempt (in vain) to stare menacingly at me, while her ersatz boyfriend blushed and wriggled away from my side, where he'd been glued for the past hour...not at my request, of course, but the drink-dumpers never consider that possibility. Anyway, it wasn't so much that I was flirting with him as that he was within reach of my flirting potential, and she was threatened. Bah! Amateur.
- What is your favorite movie line or speech? (Set the scene so we appreciate it in context.)
Léon and Mathilda are seated at a small kitchen table, eating a simple meal. Léon is well old enough to be her father, though he's been acting as her mentor in the "cleaning" (i.e. hitman) business for some time.
Mathilda: Léon, I think I'm kinda falling in love with you.
[Léon chokes on his milk]
Mathilda: It's the first time for me, you know?
Léon: [wiping himself off] How do you know it's love if you've never been in love before?
Mathilda: 'Cause I feel it.
Mathilda: [stoking her stomach] In my stomach. It's all warm. I always had a knot there and now... it's gone.
Léon: Mathilda, I'm glad you don't have a stomach ache any more. I don't think it means anything.
- What is something that has happened to you that you would consider a miracle?
my former spouse and I ended our marriage with at least as much, if not more, respect for each other as that with which we'd started it
- What do you try to stay away from?
tequila, math & science, the girlfriends of the boys I've liked, heights & big dogs, and meetings
- What is it too late for?
- If you could write three newspaper headlines, which would come true, what would they be?
"Local Blogger and Aspiring Novelist Receives MacArthur Grant"
"Bacon Proven Healthy"
"Congress Passes Law Forgoing Own Salaries"
- When was the last time you apologized to someone?
- If you to find out now that you would very well known after you die, what do you think it might be for? (Feel free to pick an accomplishment that you have yet to do.)
I'm sure it'll involve that MacArthur Grant.
- Are you easily angered or able to handle every situation calmly?
after roughly three decades of extreme calm, I've become something of a hothead. Earlier this evening I was ready to smack the woman across the hall and her grandchildren for all the noise they were making, but (lucky for them) they were saved by the blaring television coming through the wall from next door.
[from The Cat, who got it here]