- Have you ever felt that you were “made” for someone or some purpose?
if I was made for someone, it was for my parents, and then only in the literal sense. If I was made for something...it was this: to write. Prehaps just like this, maybe "more", maybe even less formally. But to put my thoughts down on screen or paper--that's why I am.
- What do you do when you have a problem that you can't do anything about?
write, of course. I spend a lot of time "working things out" in my journal or here (you may have noticed) or in letters/email to/with my friends. Or I drive, or take long showers, or stare moodily into space.
- If marijuana were to be legalized, do you think it should be taxed?
I'd imagine that it would be, and that my opinion would not be weighed beforehand. Should it be, though? It depends on the boundaries of "legalized." If we're talking about simple medical legalization, federally, then no, I do not think that it should be. If, on the other hand, it was opened up for recreational use in any way, then, sure. Tax the hell out of it, just like all the other "moral vices" (alcohol, tobacco, caffeine...).
- What is one thing you should never do on a first date?
pick your date off the ground and not let them go within even a remotely reasonable period of time; tell your date that you love them; or buy cheap beer. Sorry, I couldn't limit myself to just one thing.
- If someone (at gunpoint) forced you to receive a portrait tattoo of someone, who would it be?
pray, shoot me. Portrait tattoos always, and I mean ALWAYS, look fucking dumb.
- Is tomorrow going to be a good day?
if those ubiquitous Peas are to be believed, indeed it is. And they're probably right: it's hump day, I'll be able to enjoy the knowledge that my favorite person is coming back to work in less than a week after being on the DL for months, and I have sneaky plans for the evening.
- Anything fabulous happen to you last night?
Fabulous? Me? Not that I recall.
- For a few years in a row, you receive a nice tax refund: do you make an adjustment with your payroll deduction so they’ll take less, or do you leave it that way so that you can continue to receive the big check every spring?
it wouldn't happen for a few years in a row. I would much rather pay out once a year than have my money earning non-refundable interest in government accounts, thanks. Assuming that I do my taxes this year...(I will, don't worry), I'm probably going to take quite a hit, but that's so much better for me than the delusional "savings" program that others enjoy.
- When was the last time you had butterflies in your stomach?
I've just gotten back in touch with someone who was enormously influential on my life as a young adult. I'm still not sure what to think of the whole thing - so I'm trying not to think about it at all, really, at least in current terms, preferring to recall our exploits from half a lifetime ago instead - because I'm leery of, y'know, courting disaster. For now, it's just a quiet thrill to know that someone I recall so fondly remembers me, too.
[snatched from The Cat, who got it from here; title quotation by Theodore Dreiser]