- Who are you?
daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt, niece, cousin, godmother, former spouse, ex-girlfriend, [redacted], boss, coworker, friend, acquaintance, enemy...
- What are the 3 most important things everyone should know about you?
- I meant what I said.
- Your dog is really, really not the one that's going to make me love dogs.
- If I seem unnaturally quiet, there's a 90% chance that it's not about you.
- When you aren't doing memes like this one what are you doing?
livin' my life.
- List your classes in school from the ones you like the most to the ones you like the least (or if you are out of school, think of the classes you did like and didn't like at the time).
BA: best--Historical Attitudes Toward Death (unforgettable); worst--Politics & Society in Sub-Saharan Africa (No. Clue. Why.)
MA: best--Renaissance & Reformation (terrifyingly difficult and completely worthwhile); worst--Historiography (contextually interesting but the prof took years off my life via boredom and condescension)
JD: best--Evidence (because I'm a dork); worst--Torts!!! (because OHMYGOD I would rather have spinal surgery without anesthesia than sit through another second of that incomprehensible crap. Even Civil Procedure, which never made a lick of sense to me, was a freakin' walk in the park compared to that.)
- What is your biggest goal for this year?
- Where do you want to be in 5 years?
in a house that I own. In a career, not a job. At something closer to my "ideal weight."
- What stage of life are you in right now?
3 of 7.
- Are you more child-like or childish?
depends on the circumstances. Lately I've been forced to deal with an inordinate number of situations with serious financial or legal ramifications, leading me to channel the lawyer side. Ick. I think it's all swinging around, so we're likely to see a phase of unbridled goofiness and rampant misbehavior as soon as I can get away with it.
- What is the last thing you said out loud?
Something like "Awesome!", i response to a hilarious TV ad. I know, right? It was Joe Buck & Tim McCarver, advertising MLB on FOX, and I laughed myself silly.
- What song comes closest to how you feel about your life right now?
"Belong" by Cary Brothers or "Away from the Sun" by 3 Doors Down. (The title quotation is from the latter.)
- Have you ever taken martial arts classes?
no, but I want to
- Does your life tend to get better or worse or does it just stay the same?
yep, depending on the day
- Does time really heal all wounds?
no. Humans are finite, and those wounds make it happen.
- How do you handle a rainy day?
I revel in them. I love rain.
- Which is worse...losing your luggage or having to sort out tangled holiday lights?
losing your luggage, of course. Untangling holiday lights is easy.
- How is (or was) your relationship with your parents?
It's somewhat easier from a couple of hundred miles away, but it's still a challenge. I clearly went wrong somewhere in their training.
- Do you tend to be aware of what is going on around you?
on some level. Prehaps not the most obvious level.
- What is the truest thing that you know?
there's always time to lose
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- Have you ever been given a second chance?
yep, even though one strike usually means you're out. If I could go back....
- Are you more of a giver or a taker?
depends, of course. I love to give gifts. I have incredibly generous friends. I am owed money. I also owe. I've granted favors. They've been done for me. That's life, isn't it, for most people?
- Do you make your decisions with an open heart/mind?
I don't know. I make them with my own heart and mind, and I've never had another's with which to compare. I think I'm probably more loose and feeling-oriented than most people, but who knows how many of us would say the same.
- What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?
shots in my toes. It was unreal.
- What is the most emotionally painful thing that has ever happened to you?
I loved and was not loved in return.
- Who have you hugged today?
no one. It would have been inappropriate, given those with whom I spent time (the clerk at the grocery store is a cutie but he'd have put up a protest, and my potential landlords seem to like me pretty well but not that well). Maybe tomorrow.
[from The Cat - who retained the title "The 5000 Question Meme, Part One" and got it from here]