3.16.2012

Please, sir. I don't like this trick, sir. My tongue isn't quick or slick, sir.

March 15: sui generis
March 15, 2012 was a day sui generis in my whole life; I've never before been introduced to someone by way of a mutual friend telling us that we 'would make pretty babies'.

March 16: diffident
There is room for diffidence in every life, but there's also a time where it needs to be shoved into a drawer and replaced with assertive self-confidence.

  1. Where did you grow up? Where do you consider home?
    I grew up seven miles outside Winona, Minnesota, and it is there that I still consider to be home.
  2. If you could paint your car any color with no loss in value, what color would it be?
    336699
    Whoa - cool! I didn't know I could clip in CSS colors from W3Schools.com. Awesome!
  3. What do you think comes after death?
    um, from whose perspective? The deceased's? That would be 'nothing'. Or perhaps 'the absence of anything'.
  4. Name a TV show that should NOT be renewed for another season.
    ANYTHING reality-based. Ugh.
  5. If you could have a free subscription to any online service, which would you like to have?
    hmm. Good question - I don't know that there is anything that I could subscribe to that I haven't, that I might want. (I haven't looked at her answers lately, but I'd imagine The Cat chose some obscure online dictionary or reference source here....)
  6. Where did you think you'd be at the age you are now?
    not here, that's for fuck's sure. It depends on when you'd have asked. At some point I'd have probably thought I'd be dead by now. Certainly all along I'd have thought I'd be happily paired-off and in a house of my own, with all the outward accoutrements of success. Funny how what's important changes over time.
  7. What did you want to be when you grew up?
    a photographer, or a writer. Or "taller."
  8. If you were to suddenly become famous, and were forced to change names, what would you choose as your stage name?
    depends upon for what I'd become famous. My "stage name" as a "famous" poet would be quite different from my "stage name" as a "famous" 'CD mixer and famous quote-r'.
  9. What is the first book that you can remember reading by yourself as a child?
    Dr. Seuss' Fox in Socks
[from The Cat, who got it here; the title quotation is, as you might have already guessed, from Fox in Socks]

2 comments:

  1. Not so obscure. Actually, I might change my answer nowadays to something more like the DMV database so I could look up license plate #s of really annoying drivers.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, now that you mention that, I've thought of one: reverse white pages.

    ReplyDelete