7.17.2013

if you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn

    This is my 2222nd published post. Surely there should be some sort of award for this?
     I like Brian Williams. I've no clue what his politics might be, but he's got a lovely voice and seems to have quite a bit going on between his ears. I particularly like watching the expressions cross his face while he's listening to his colleagues talk. Rare, that.
     Raspberries are particularly tasty this year. I have a pint each week, but could be eating them by the bushel-full if I could. Strawberries, too. I hope the peach crop turns out to be as delicious.
     There's a new Alexi Murdoch CD (new to me, anyway) burning a hole in my consciousness: Towards the Sun. I cannot get enough. You might know his song "All My Days", from Time Without Consequence, if you haven't heard this one yet.
     I'm sending good thoughts to a couple of friends who are under the weather—wishing them both speedy and complete recovery. Enough illness, already!!
     As noted, I recently saw my doctor. I'm going in again early next week for the remainder of that expected visit (fully routine). My jaw is feeling better (still tender at the end of the work day but the pain is no longer excessive), headaches are down to 1-2 per week (within acceptable parameters for my treatment plan, and overall very low for my medical history), and general health (blood pressure, cholesterol, weight, etc.) is the best it's been in years. Not only that, but my doctor is totally adorable and a very nice person.
     And I got a couple of nice messages today that really made my day. It's always lovely to know...lovely...things.

[the title quotation is by Charlie Parker, and reads in its entirety, "Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn."]

No comments:

Post a Comment