7.16.2013

the most important thing in communication is to hear what isn't being said

  1. Name three songs that remind you of specific people in your life. Explain who each reminds you of and why.
    • Lips of an Angel by Hinder reminds me of my college boyfriend. No, not the one that I married--the one with whom I'm still friends. "I never wanna say goodbye."
    • Sweet Rosalyn by Sheryl Crow reminds me of the angel Heidi. Always with me. "we all could use a little grace"
    • Throw Your Arms Around Me, in all its various incarnations but particularly the version by Hunters & Collectors, reminds me of my former physical therapist and long-lost friend, Wolfgang. Much-missed.
      "I will make you laugh, I'll make you cry
      And we may never forget it"
  2. What one socially-unacceptable behavior do you REALLY wish we could make socially-acceptable?
    laughing, loudly. What is the deal with trying to be circumspect about happiness? Or sadness, for that matter? Let it OUT!
  3. Have you ever milked a cow? Ever tipped a cow?
    milked, yes, albeit long ago and badly. Tipped, no. I am but wee.
  4. Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
    this picture reminds me of that poor fella from that television show, found dead in his hotel room over the weekend. What's the deal with the drugs and actors? I'm not making light of it; God knows I understand substance abuse and also the difficulties that young people face, increasingly. It's just awful that more and more talented (and, face it, probably not talented, too) people are lost to something that we all seem to think is just another lifestyle choice, or a phase, or...something. Who knows what he could have done if the right person had helped him take it seriously, in the right way, at the right time.
[from the original source; the title quotation is by Peter F. Drucker]

2 comments:

  1. Funny for #2 I would have said berating and screaming at young children laughing or crying loudly in a restaurant. Miles apart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RE #4: yes, I agree 100%. And also with #2. Both are worth working on...sigh

    ReplyDelete