12.24.2013

silence, I discover, is something you can actually hear

  1. Who is your favorite movie actor? Thomas Jay Ryan
  2. What was the last book you finished? What book are you currently reading? last: Fire Year by Jason K. Friedman. Current: Styx & Stone by James W. Ziskin.
  3. Do you play The Sims? no
  4. How much do you watch TV on an average day? one hour or less
  5. What is your best friend's mom's name? the mom of one of my best friends still lives; her name is Jody
  6. Are you a fan of L~dy G`g- and/or K*$h^? no
  7. Have you ever painted a picture? I believe so, yes
  8. What is your favorite cereal? it varies. I'm just getting off a Cheerios-spiked-with-Honey-Nut-Cheerios kick, and I'm not sure where I'm headed next. Maybe Wheaties?
  9. Do you play games on the Internet often? other than Lumosity, it almost never happens
  10. Do you have anything personalized? (a bag, towel, pillow, etc.) you mean, like the "Team Adorable" sweater from Modcloth? Uh, no.
  11. What does your favorite pair of shoes look like? 'favorite' varies by the day and circumstances, really. The purple velvet oxfords are still pretty intriguing, though.
  12. What is your school's colors/mascot? there was a red bird, an orange and black bird, a generic purple soldier of yore, a Native American that transformed into a bird while I was present, and a blue-eyed dog.
  13. What type of building do you live in? multi-family separate-entrance
  14. Do you edit pictures before you let people see them? I very quickly edit before I post them here or to FB, but I'm not a stickler about it--and I don't use the various services for that purpose
  15. What kind of decorations do you have in your room? that's a post in itself. Stay tuned for details.
  16. Do you get along with your siblings, if you have them? my brother is one of the best people I know
  17. What is the longest song you have on your music player? no clue. Probably something classical? Though that makes me wonder if "Stairway to Heaven" is on there....
  18. How many plays does your favorite band have in your music player? 60-some per song, I would guess? I don't have iTunes on this computer, so that's a rough guess.
  19. Did you go to school today? alas, I no longer attend at all

Have you ever...
  • Stood at the end of a rainbow? do I look like a leprechaun to you? Don't answer that.
  • Drank blackcurrant and orange cordial mixed together? no, but I would at least try it
  • Not eaten anything for a day? not unless I was very ill
  • Traveled for a whole day, non-stop? no
  • Dressed as a cowboy/cowgirl? there are certain topics that shall not be discussed, ever
  • Swam with dolphins? not
  • Been on TV? in crowd shots only
  • Met your favourite music artist? no
  • Performed in front of a large audience? depends on your definition of "large". I suppose I probably have?
  • Been asked for your autograph? only by my smart-assed friends
  • Made someone so happy, they cried? yes
  • Made your own clothing? not well
  • Been swimming outside in the winter? no

This or That
  • Broccoli or Cauliflower? assuming that this is "choose or die", I'll have to go with "die" on this one. I can't abide the taste of either.
  • Fish or Meat? meat (though I believe that fish is, in a sense, meat?)
  • Cereal or Toast? cereal
  • Dress or Jeans? jeans (though if you try to take away my dresses I'll punch you right in the eye)
  • Screamo or Rap? rap. Sigh.
  • Star or Moon? moon
  • Airplane or Helicopter? airplane
  • Black or White? black
  • Rainbow or Greyscale? greyscale
  • Land or Water? water
  • England or USA? USA! USA! USA!
  • Unusual or Common? unusual, duh
  • Scarf or Gloves? that's just not an either/or
  • Vinyl or CD? CD. Yeah, I know I'm a dinosaur.
  • Snoopy or Garfield? Snoopy by a mile

Random Questions
  • Do you sit at a table for dinner? when I live alone, I barely use my table at all. When I live with others (or, for that matter, dine with others in my own home), I always use the table. Strange, that.
  • Pick up the nearest book and turn to page 24. What is the last sentence? "You mean no one has kicked over a headstone since then?" (Styx & Stone)
  • If you put out your right arm, what's nearest to it? coffee table
  • What brand is the nearest chocolate bar? Hershey's
  • What is the nearest red item? leather Kindle cover (like this one but red)
  • What channel is your TV on, if it's on? FX
  • Do you even have a TV in the room you're in? yes
  • Do you have a pillow with an awesome pillow case? odd question. The pillow cases for my bed match my sheets, which are awesome. So, yeah?
  • What are the curtains in your bedroom like? blue.
  • What size is your bed? Queen
  • Do you have wallpaper or painted walls in your bedroom? painted
  • What is your favourite pattern? quiet self-destruction
  • What is your favourite reality TV show? sports
  • What is your favourite programme on TV? currently, I'm enjoying Almost Human. It's funny without being stupid or raunchy, and it gives me something to think about--and the guys (particularly Michael Ealy) are amazing.
  • Do you watch Friends? I did, sometimes, when it was originally airing--from 1994 to 2004. Which was, after all, nearly ten years ago. (Why do we care?)
  • Have you ever been outside of your own country? only mentally
  • Have you ever attempted to play a guitar? "attempted" is a good word for it
  • Do you have an interesting nationality? it's interesting to someone, certainly
  • Do you have any famous relatives? in specific circles, I'm sure--though I sort of dread entering those circles for any reason
  • Have you ever been in the middle of a family argument? uh, yeah. (Who wrote this?!)
  • Have you ever thrown food at someone? sure
  • Have you ever had an argument with a teacher? it's funny, I was looking at my grade reports earlier today, and realized that I did not score so well in some classes. Some were simply not in my area of reasonable understanding (e.g. Physics), while others were more likely due to my inability to stop making my own point, even when it was, for lack of a better word, pointless. My relatively low grades were probably a subconscious deterrent to my tendency to debate.

    So, yeah. I did. Still do, in a sense--and it still gets me in trouble.
  • What is your favourite fruit? in season, I like almost anything. Raspberries, peaches. A good pear. Mandarins. Bananas (the smaller the better). Sweet, soft apples. Strawberries.
  • If you could work anywhere in the world, what would you do? work elsewhere in the world.

    No, seriously--at home would be perfect, for me.
  • If you could run away and start a fresh right this moment, would you? not totally. I wouldn't change my name and leave no forward. But I would...go, yes.
  • Do you live in a warm country? some parts of the year, it's like the very devil
  • Do you own a pool? no
  • Have you ever bought or sold something on eBay? no
  • Have you ever cooked a large meal? I have, both when I worked in a restaurant and at home

Would you rather...
  • Live in a large nice house alone, or a small cheap house with others? small, cheap, alone

    Meaning no disrespect to my housemates, that is. They are the absolute finest people I know, and to live with them is a privilege. No exaggeration.
  • Would you rather be the most famous person alive, or have no friends? doesn't the former necessarily bring the latter?
  • Eat something extremely spicy or extremely bitter? spicy
  • Have no self esteem or be too full of yourself? I think I fall rather closer to the first than the second, though I could be wrong?
  • Be too tall or too short? I'm too short now for a lot of things. Tall wouldn't make life a lot easier, though, and I understand that it makes many things worse. Eh.
  • Be a cow or a sheep? cows are very well cared-for. I'll take that.
  • Be the cleverest and ugliest person alive or the dumbest and most attractive? clever, I cannot do without
  • Have a cat or a dog? cat
  • Be a duck or a chicken? duck. If I could quack all day every day--watch the fuck out.
  • Have braces or awful teeth? braces, of course
  • Do math everyday or science? I do math every day, and probably science too. That's cooking, and cleaning, and pouring drinks, and making tea, and adjusting the heat, and...blegh. Not the point. If it were purely one or the other, I'd take science hands-down.
  • Have an American or an Australian accent? Australian
  • Have no hair or have too much hair? none
  • Smell disgusting for life or have a nose bleed for the rest of your life? nosebleeds stop
  • Be fancied by every person/animal alive or no one? no one, thanks
  • Be a famous musician or the president for the day? musician. Too much pressure in politics even if I have more skill in that area.
  • Have to wear an eyepatch for life or an arm sling? arm sling, assuming I can move it from one side to the other as each arm gets tired of taking the weight
  • Be male or female? I'll stick with the devil I know, thanks
  • Be in a prison or mental hospital for a month? prison
  • Have curly or straight hair? curly
  • Be 18 for life or 21? 21
  • Never experience childhood or adulthood? it is not psychologically possible to be an adult without having experienced childhood, and to consider the opposite is only to imagine dying young.
  • Own a private beach or a pool? pool. I love the beach but don't want to own it.
  • Be a widow or be single for life? ask me this in person and I'll tell you the whole truth
  • Be Spider-man or Superman? Could. Not. Care. Less.

    Newsflash: superheroes ARE NOT REAL.
  • Have sound effects whenever you do something or live in silence? oh, blessed silence. The stuff of blissful fantasy.

[from The Cat, who got it here; the title quotation is by Haruki Murakami, from Kafka on the Shore]

1 comment:

  1. I am happy that you like "Almost Human". I have an undeniable man-crush on Karl Urban. He has the rugged, befuddled look down to a science.

    ReplyDelete