3.05.2014

everybody's talking about people breaking into houses but there are more people in the world who want to break out of houses

  • Apart from [blogging], what do you like to do in your spare time?
    I read and write more than anything else. Well, that and sleep. And eat.
  • Name a favorite of each: food, drink, color.
    Parmesan Goldfish. Coke. 585858 (see here to make sense of that.)
  • If you married rich and your spouse gave you $100,000 a week, what would you spend it on?
    a divorce, since if I'm married and my spouse is in a position to be "giving me" our money, I need to get the Hell out of that relationship
  • Name a favorite of each: book, movie, TV show.
    the last really good book that I read was The Book of My Lives by Aleksandar Hemon. I haven't seen Despicable Me 2 yet, but I want to. And this week's season finale of Almost Human ensures that I'll be watching next season.
  • If you were given the opportunity to spend 48 hours with absolutely anyone (living or dead), who would you spend it with and what would you do?
    I'm not sure that I should answer that here. There lots of people with whom I could happily spend 48 hours, though, so why would I want to choose just one?
  • Name a LEAST favorite of each: food, drink, color.
    sour cream; grapefruit juice; anything orange
  • What do you spend most of your money on?
    car loan
  • What kind of underwear do you prefer wearing?
    they're called "privates" for a reason
  • Name a LEAST favorite of each: book, movie, TV show.
    blog-into-book "memoirs"; superhero-end-of-the-world-for-adult-audiences; mind-melting "reality" bullshit
  • If you were seated on a plane beside your favorite celebrity, what would you do?
    try not to drool on them when I fall asleep. I always sleep on airplanes.
  • What is the strangest thing you have in your room? (You are not allowed to explain why you own it.)
    7 lamps (6 desk, 1 floor)
  • What is a weird habit you have, or people have [said] you have. (Weird, not bad. No nail biting or any of that nonsense.)
    I always put my keys in my pocket when walking near a sewer grate, because I'm paranoid and certain that I'm going to drop them into the grate
  • What would you consider to be the biggest insult to yourself?
    oh, please--it happens nearly every day, so I'm pretty well over that
  • What are five things you absolutely have to have in your dream house?
    a sunny spot for plants. Extraordinary soundproofing. Adequate room for books. The right size/shape kitchen (not too small, but not a cavern built for a restaurant). Fairly low ceilings.
  • If you could be reincarnated as any animal, which would you chose and why?
    nope. Couldn't do it.
  • Which band (current or past) would you want to go on tour* with? (*Travel with, not preform with.)
    right now, Thirty Seconds to Mars would be pretty cool
  • Name a favorite of each: band, album, song.
    Alkaline Trio. Black Celebration. "Automatic" has been on my mind for a couple of days....
  • Why is your favorite band your favorite?
    nearly every song they've ever recorded has lodged a place in my consciousness
  • How many concerts have you attended? Which was your favorite? Least favorite? If none, who do you want to see live the most?
    I'm really not so much about live music in that sense. I just don't like people, really, to the extent that it ruins the experience for me.
  • What is one of your favorite song lyrics? (Who is it by?)
    see the link to "Automatic," above.
  • What celebrity do you idolize the most?
    I don't go that way at all. "Ain't no saint without a past; ain't no sinner without a future."
  • Which member from which band would you most want to slather in Nutella?
    now, that I can manage. It's a drummer...and that's all I'm saying here!

[grabbed from here, which is filled with incredibly dumb surveys & quizzes but occasionally shows one that's not ridiculous...if you're willing to cull the doofy questions before you begin; the title quotation is by Thornton Wilder, from The Matchmaker]

No comments:

Post a Comment