3.31.2014

may came home with a smooth round stone as small as a world and as large as alone

I've ordered the "Meet at the Museum" dress from Modcloth (from the first of the recent dress posts), which was re-released in my size yesterday. They haven't confirmed the order yet, a day after I placed it. Which is extremely disturbing. But I'm sure that's normal, right? Nothing to worry about. I shouldn't be hyperventilating at the thought that they're just ignoring it, "pending" as it is. Sure.

In the meantime, I'm trying to distract myself with thoughts of shoes and jewelry. Shoes have to wait until the dress actually arrives so I see the fabric, shade, length, etc., but jewelry can start right away. I'm thinking that a necklace and earrings are required, with bracelet(s) a fair possibility. (Remember that the dress is blue over off-white.) Here are some options, all from Sundance Catalog:

Indigo Drop Earrings

Truth & Beauty Lapis Earrings

Thai Sky Necklace

Finely Frilled Necklace

...possibly with the necklaces worn together.

I've been dealing with something, by not dealing with it I suppose--on FB lately. One of my friends, very new to social media, reposts dozens of items every day from animal rescue, adoption, medical, and similar sites. Catching almost anything from her feed is utterly depressing. Every single time that I login, I block at least five sites from which she reposts. Not because I don't care about animals, their welfare, their chances for adoption, their health, or fundraising for them. It's that FB is one of the (few) areas of my life that are for relaxation only. It's not about work, or politics, or religion, or arguing in any form. FOR ME, it's not, anyway. It's not about getting all wound up about anything, in fact. Just about being philosophical or silly, literary or loopy, chatty or communicative. But I don't login so I can be made sad or angry. And that's why I block her stuff. I'm not going to block her; we are friends. But I don't care to read that sort of thing, and I won't.

I know--I'm a curmudgeon.

Tomorrow starts April, which is this country's annual month of something. I forget what. Prehaps I'll remember in about eight hours or so.

My living space has changed again. I don't mean that I've moved, just that I've rearranged some, and added back in some of the plants that were at the workplace. They were the ones that had been living with Farmer E, prior to her sojourn to Europe for the past...wow, it's already been six months. Damn. Anyway, I've got four of them here now, and once I get one of them repotted, I'll bring home the other three. No, four. Five? Anyway. However many more there are. It's made things a little cozier in the bedroom than they were, but it's also brightened things up quite a bit, which is nice. Easier to get up in the morning when the sun's a possibility, and plants are always a plus for me.

And I was really, really excited about this trip to California...until I started actually reading the news. Now every single day there's a report about earthquakes, murders, airport thefts, or something like this. Maybe I'll just walk.

[the title quotation is by E.E. Cummings]

No comments:

Post a Comment