5.22.2014

"I'm sure that a veiled Arabian woman's exposed toes contains more sex appeal than a western pin-up's total nudity"

I'll take the dream I had last night
And put it in my freezer,
So someday long and far away
When I'm an old grey geezer,
I'll take it out and thaw it out,
This lovely dream I've frozen,
And boil it up and sit me down
A dip my old cold toes in.

[Shel Silverstein, 'Frozen Dream', from A Light in the Attic]



“She worked her toes into the sand, feeling the tiny delicious pain of the friction of tiny chips of silicon against the tender flesh between her toes. That's life. It hurts, it's dirty, and it feels very, very good.”

[Orson Scott Card, from Children of the Mind]



We can't hold hands―
Someone might see.
Won't you please
Hold toes with me?

[Shel Silverstein, "Every Thing on It"]



“It’s hard to say how it happens. How all of the bits of me – even the broken ones – start to tumble. I think it’s my toes that go first. Next – my legs and the hallow spaces behind my ribs. And then my arms all the way down through my wrist bones to the tips of my fingers. My lips part and I realize that this is what it feels like to fall.”

[Autumn Doughton, from In This Moment]



“He lifted my foot and placed a kiss on the tip of my big toe. That toe had never been kissed in its life. I wondered if it was smart enough to know what had just happened. Would it lord it over the other toes now that it had been singled out and kissed by Frank Wells, or was it just a fucking toe and didn’t know what the hell was going on? Like me.”

[John Inman, from Shy]



Yep, I'm thinking about Johnnie again.

The title quotation is by Daniel White.

Be back in a week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment