- Do you like your music loud or mellow?
loud when I'm by myself and in the right mood (e.g. singing along on the way to work) but mostly mellow otherwise
- What's your favourite animated or cartoon program?
The Simpsons. That's something I'm looking forward to once I've got access to my DVDs again--watching them from start to finish. (Or at least current.)
- Do you sing in the shower?
nope - I can't stand the taste of shampoo
- Are you a clean or messy person?
untidy, but clean. Everything has its own stack/location, but I really don't like dirt. And stickiness goes without saying!
- What's your preferred playing piece in Monopoly?
the dog, or the shoe
- Can or do you still play Twister?
I've not been offered the opportunity for a sadly long time, which is just as well. My flexibility is not of public performance quality anymore.
- Can you play chess?
I could probably pick it back up again, to the same degree of skill that I've played before, without too much trouble. But I will never be good and I doubt that I would enjoy it. I much prefer more straightforward strategy games, like Chinese Checkers.
- Do you know the dance steps to an annoying cheesy pop song?
not at all. Those choreographed country dances and Latin singles remind me far too much of cult and fascist movies.
- Do you prefer straight or bendy straws?
- Have you ever entered a talent contest? and did you win?
I think that I probably did, but it was a small thing in an elementary school class or at church when I was a little kid. No, I did not win. My talent for certain things probably exceeded my ability to express it in a public forum, at least without a group into which I could fade. I'm no soloist.
- Do you like poetry?
I do, very much.
- Are you a bad loser?
Yep, surprisingly. I've gotten a lot better about letting things roll in all sorts of ways--in my career, in my [scoff] love life, in traffic...but I cannot stand to lose at Scrabble. Or pool. Or pretty much anything that doesn't matter.
- Which would you choose: jelly or ice cream?
This is so adorably British. Although I'm eating Jello by the quart lately, I would generally choose ice cream--unless it's very cold outside, at which time nothing cold sounds good to me at all, and I would just go without.
- What's your favourite type of pie?
something fruit. Apple, peach, raspberry maybe? Strawberry, but only the fresh kind, not the gelatinous goo. Homemade banana cream.
- What's your most used phrase?
I've no idea. I try to exorcise my bad verbal habits once I recognize them; if I say anything too often I avoid it as much as possible.
- What's your most used word?
- Who would you want to play you in a movie of your life?
Paget Brewster or Parker Posey
[ripped from here and carved into pieces; the title quotation is by Friedrich Nietzsche, from Beyond Good and Evil]