5.17.2015

if you can't control your peanut butter, you can't expect to control your life

I want to give all the details about what's been happening for the last couple of weeks, but this is one of those rare times when I know that saying absolutely nothing is preferable than getting into it at all, anywhere.

I just don't understand why the people who like me, like me. And why the people upon whose radar I don't make a blip, can't seem to see me at all. And, after all the many years that this situation has persisted, why I continue to be surprised and upset by this.

My result from the Which Muppet Character Are You? quiz surprised me.

When I woke up yesterday morning, I had the perfect seeds for a blog post in my mind. I thought about writing it down, but then thought, Nah, I'll remember.
Am I really old enough for this to be happening to me already?!

Roughly every couple of weeks for the past two or three years, someone's tried to change my FB password (on my 'supplemental' account). Given its overall value and interest level, they're welcome to it. It's got to be someone I know, since the email address that's attached is hardly something someone could stumble upon. I actually retain the emails that FB sends out when it happens, and there are nearly 200 in the folder. Seriously, just tell me you want in, and I'll give hand out the credentials on the spot. It's just super irritating to go through this so often!

I had a peanut butter fudge Blizzard today. It was extremely delicious. I'm usually more of a fruit fan, but it was really good.

The timing was right to go to DQ today, since it's been in the 80s for the last two days but will get into the 40s tonight and the 30s again tomorrow night. This spring weather is unpredictable. The fan on is too much, the fan off is stifling. I'm sure this will settle soon.

Brace yourself: I actually have social plans in the next couple of months. There's a fundraiser for the historical society (Chocolate, Shakespeare & Champagne) in June, a number of events at the art museum, and, on August 15, a dance fundraiser that should prove hilarious. This is all the sort of thing I've been wanting to do for a long time--maybe my whole adulthood--and just now feel like I'm ready, or it's all right for me, to do it.

I'm tired but not sleepy. This could be a long night.

[the title quotation is by Bill Watterson, from Calvin and Hobbes]

2 comments:

  1. We who love you, love you because you're you. The other people are idiots. Apparently one of us who loves you also wants to BE you, which is creepy and that person should cut that shit out.

    A dance fundraiser? Like a marathon?

    {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yo. (And right back at ya!)

      "Dancing with the Winona Stars." Regular people, raising money for charity, dancing their little hearts out & feet to the bone.
      I. Cannot. Wait.

      Delete