- Are you a good public speaker? I doubt it? I do all right in the right circumstances. I excel, though, as the one sitting at the back of the room making smart comments under my breath, cracking up the people near me but looking ever-so-innocent all the while.
- Are you a good babysitter? HA! Not so much. I guess once they hit the age of 12 or so, I start to do better. Babies, actual infants, bewilder me.
- Are you a good mechanic? not so I'd want to make it a career, but I get by as a handyman, in limited ways
- Are you a good diplomat? hmm. My last serious relationship was long enough ago that I'd have to say No to that one.
- Are you a good employee? I'm good enough at what I do to make up for the stuff I think while I'm doing it. (I'm not referring to any one position/employer/situation.)
- Have you ever had a secret admirer? yep. It was creepy and flattering at once. Looking back, it seems a whole lot more like stalking than "admiring." Still, he was a nice enough kid, and there are no hard feelings.
- If you could ask your future self one question what would it be? "How f'ing long does it take to find a house in this town?!"
- Do you hold grudges? yes, indeed, I do. Very much so. Is it a sign of my enlightenment, my full actualization as a functional adult? Probably not. But is it the way that I am? Oh heck yeah.
- If you could breed two animals together to defy the laws of nature what new animal would you create? meerkat and bobcat. I'd love to see them s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g while they ran!
- Do you decorate the outside of your house for Christmas? I've never been involved in it, but I've lived in a house that was decorated (very subtly). It could happen, if the surroundings make it feasible.
- Do you like clowns? they never bothered me until I learned that a dear friend is a victim of coulrophobia. Now I do see the disturbing angle much more readily.
- Have you ever been surfing? not hardly. Though I think it's fascinating (from a physics angle), it also seems like more daring than I do.
- Have you ever been snowboarding? likewise, it seems doubtful. And in this case, there's also the darned-cold-ness to keep me away!
- Who was better, the Beatles or Elvis Presley? it's like comparing steak and pork chops: they're hardly the same meal, but both are quite good
- What's your favourite type of foreign food? Mexican, maybe. Or Greek, which just doesn't happen in this part of the world.
- Do you prefer vertical or horizontal stripes? huh! I don't think I've ever contemplated that in quite this way before. On clothing, vertical. In pretty much any other venue, horizontal.
- Have you ever baked your own bread? I have! I miss that very much. Looking forward to getting a bread machine again once there's room for such a thing to exist in my life.
- Can you believe I Can't Believe It's Not Butter is in fact not actually butter? um, yeah--it's definitely margarine. No doubt.
- Can you name all 50 American states? probably? Given enough time, I probably could do so, yes.
- Have you ever owned a goldfish? yep. I think that ship sailed, along with an ex-bf, a few years past.
- Do you give money to buskers? I never knew what a busker was, or what they do, until I heard the song "Rains in Asia" by Jump, Little Children, and looked it up. Of course, I'd experienced them before that, but never by that name. And yes, definitely, anytime it's possible to do so!
|love this look!|
|Rothko's No. 2, blue red & green|
[obtained from here and chopped into digestible bits; the title quotation is from Walt Disney]