- Study in college. I know, I was having fun--but just slightly less partying and more reading (just one or two classes!) would have made it all easier, cheaper, and better.
- Get my first tattoo. They say "go big or go home", which is usually only so much stupid ego but in some regards makes loads of sense.
- Say goodbye to someone I love. It did not go as it should have, and EVERYTHING could be different if that one thing had been.
- Having surgery. Enough said.
- Keep writing the story with my co-author, rather than allowing less important stuff to get in the way.
- Take more pictures! Dallas. Santa Fe. Oklahoma. Miami. Bethesda. Michigan. Ohio. Home! Treasures lost.
- And those thigh-high giraffe boots, damn it.
What's on that list for you?
[the title quotation is by Salman Rushdie, from The Satanic Verses]