When I give any of these, you can be fairly certain that I'd have just as much liked to received them.
- Flowers and plants
- Music (mix CDs, iTunes gift cards, etc.)
- Art and photographs
- Journals, pens, stationery, stamps, mandala coloring books
- Magnetic poetry (and the Scrabble magnets - so cool!)
- Books (the paper version, Amazon gift cards, bookstore cards)
- Food (any acknowledged personal favorites)
- Nail polish
- Recurring themes (personal gifts that are carried out over time)
What would I like, this year? It's been hard for me to come up with a list, really. What I need (extra funds to pay extra bills, and things for the house) has morphed into what I want, and what I want pales in comparison. Maybe I'm just essentially satisfied now, in a way that could not be the case lately.
I'm sure I'll have a real list at holiday time, after there's been a couple of months to gather up ideas.
[the title quotation is by Idries Shah, from Reflections]