9.09.2016

good manners are made up of petty sacrifices

  • What are your favourite smells?
    clean laundry, lemon, bacon
  • Can you go a whole day without caffeine?
    no
  • Who knows more about you than anyone else?
    D, and D
  • What song did you last listen to?


    "Killing Me Too" by Sister Hazel, from
    Chasing Daylight
  • Do you have a crush on anybody?
    I wouldn't call it a crush.
  • Do you like The Beatles?
    in a battle with The Rolling Stones, the Beatles win hands down. Otherwise, I don't really seek them out all that much.
  • If you could choose one color to wear for a whole year, what color would you choose?
    it would have to be blue. Or black.
  • Do you cook often?
    not as much as I'd like, or I ought, but yes
  • What was the last film you watched? Did you like it?
    Bottle Rocket, the Wes Anderson's (and Luke Wilson's and Owen Wilson's) debut feature film. I didn't adore it, but it was pretty good.
  • Can you sew?
    I can make simple repairs
  • What is your favorite fruit?
    raspberries and peaches
  • Are you health conscious?
    I am conscious that my health needs some work
  • Go do the Kinsey Scale Test, what number result did you receive?
    1
  • Do you curse a lot?
    far too often
  • When was the last time you had a pint of beer?
    reunion weekend
  • Are you pro life or pro choice?
    I wouldn't define it that way, as if there were equal and opposite choices. It's bigger, to me, than yes or no.
  • Is there a certain food you often crave for no reason?
    probably not. I think food cravings come from nutritional imbalance, so you crave salt when you need sodium and you crave meat when you need protein. Not too "fun," but logical.
  • What was the last book you purchased?
    James Ziskin's newest Ellie Stone mystery, Heart of Stone
  • Where was your last vacation?
    right here, when my theatre friends came to visit me
  • Do you shave your pits?
    that's kinda personal, isn't it? "Need to know," even.
  • Did you ever play Seven Minutes in Heaven?
    of course. That's what those middle grades were all about!
  • Girls, when was the last time you went out without a bra?
    Guys, when was the last time you went shirtless in public?

    Ha! That's for me to know.
  • Have you ever broken a bone? If so, how did it happen?
    I broke one when I was about a year and a half old, falling off a chair. The other, I've broken twice, tripping over books.
  • How do you like your eggs?
    scrambled, hard and dry, or hard-boiled. Runny yolk is not my friend.
  • What was your last argument about and who with?
    the last time I got really hot was earlier this week when I was "called into the office" at work. I was scolded, told to reform my poor attitude, and also directed to rearrange my workspace because it bothered unnamed colleagues. There is no end to the incredulity and disgust that I feel for the "management" that happens at that place. I'm hoping to get out without experiencing much more.
[random grab from here; the title quotation is by Ralph Waldo Emerson]

1 comment:

  1. Swiped and answered here. And dear God, your last answer....!

    ReplyDelete